[4] ~ [ Nightmares ]

*** Alice's P.O.V. ***

I couldn't stop thinking about that guy. He worked here. Why would he kill that innocent woman?

I kept wondering what he worked as. I just hoped it wasn't anything to do with me.... My luck seemed to run out.

There was a knock at the door and I held my breath when Dr. Corton walked in.

"Mary Ali-" He started but I interrupted him.

"Alice."

"Right... Alice well some of the people at the Human Rights Organisation advised us to hire people so you can tell them your feelings. Kind of like a journal. Anyway, Dr. Thomas Smith is the person you talk to, okay?" He asked.

He stepped out of the way and I gasped in fear. It was the man from my vision! I glared at him when he stepped closer and hurt flashed across his face.

"Alice, there wont be any problems, will there?" Dr. Corton gave me a look and I knew he was referring back to the chat we had.

He said he would do things, quote, 'that I couldn't imagine. I shuddered but shook my head no. It's not like I would have a choice in the matter anyway...

"Someone will collect you and take you to Dr. Smith's office." Dr. Corton and Thomas left.

And with that I left consciousness and started living through the nightmares of my past.

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up like I had every day for the past almost 4 years. Miserable, Sweaty and in a dark room. I can hardly call it a room, for it was more like a cell. Like every morning my food was on the floor with my clothes neatly folded next to it. I groaned and rubbed the sleep away from my eyes.

I sat on the ground and numbly ate my food while thinking about my nightmares. They were usually about the scary visions I had, my parents giving me up or Dr. Corton but tonight I had one of Cynthia. She was in a black dress and in the background was my family, who were laughing. Cynthia was subbing uncontrollably and knelt towards something. I later realised that it was my funeral.

She was crying at my funeral, while my parents were happy? I guess she really was the only one who loved me.

When I first started having those dreams, I woke up in a cold sweat and would start crying. Every time I did so and my parents heard me, the would scold me.

I pushed those memories behind me and focused on the chopped up carrots and cold toasted bread in front of me with a glass (plastic, of course) of milk at the side. As soon as I finished my breakfast, there was a knock at the door.

I held my breath like I always did when someone came through the door but let it out when I saw a girl in a white/grey coloured dress. The same dress I was wearing, which meant she wouldn't harm me.

My look of questioning turned to understanding when she said, "It's your day to use the shower."

I looked at her name tag which read Anne.

"Anne?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She asked in a happy tone.

"It does get better, right? I mean being here.. does it get better?" She frowned

"No, it doesn't." She said.

My eyes went wide and I said, "Then why are you so happy?"

"The sooner you show them or act like you love this place, the sooner you get out." She stated and smiled.

I heaved myself off the ground, ignoring the groans of protest in my bones and followed her to the bathroom. She gestured me inside when I said, "Thanks."

She nodded and walked off. I stripped ,turned on the shower and put it on the highest which was actually pretty cold. I shivered from the coldness of the water and looked at the tiles on the floor. I sat down on the floor, ignoring the more hygienic side of my mind, and started tracing the patterns. To me, it looked like random flowers going in random directions.

I jumped when I heard pounding coming from the other side of the door and a loud voice saying, "Your time is up! Get out! You have to meet Dr. Smith."

I got out of the shower and put on the dress. Never in my life before would I wear something so... dull. I sighed and ran a hand through my still-wet hair.

Every time I thought of Thomas Smith, I remember the demon he was in my vision. It made me curious as to what his family was like or how he was treated. I suddenly felt sympathy towards him, in case he was treated wrong. But I brushed that thought aside. He was a killer! He couldn't love anyone, probably even his family!

I stepped out and walked with on of the guards to his office. Hopefully, he wont kill me. For once in a long time I didn't feel like dying, which was strange...

***

SPOILER!

Everyone is thinking that Thomas is James but he's not! Thomas is the vampire who turns Alice and James kills Thomas and Alice is left as a vampire! I just wanted to tell everyone that =] Thanks for reading!!

***