Prologue

- Talking Goats

                   - The Renewal of Firefly

                   - OJ didn't do it 

I used to think that these would all be more likely than me having a Prom Date. Now I know that I shouldn't gamble. For I, Agnes Camden Kennedy has been officially, unofficially asked to The Senior Prom.

Now, Warren isn't exactly my ideal date and the way he asked wasn't a big 'prom-posal' with flowers and awful puns written on posterboard. But it's more than I ever thought I would get and I'm starting to accept that life isn't a Lifetime movie. There isn't going to be some dramatic moment when we're slow dancing in the Gym and our eyes meet. We won't lean in at the same time, joining our lips under the shimmering light of the disco ball.

Warren would never let that for three main reasons:

1. He has a girlfriend.

2. I'm not his girlfriend,

3. Even if this was a Lifetime movie, I'm not exactly 'leading lady' material.

And despite my tendency to pretend I'm in a romance novel, I have my own reasons not to make a move.

1. He has a girlfriend.

2. I'm not his girlfriend.

3. He's Warren, that's like kissing my brother. Gross.

Basically, he only asked me because he knows I won't look into it too much. Ridgeview High has this rule where you can only take people who actually go to Ridgeview.

Warren and his girlfriend have been together for years now. They got together long before I even met him and now they're actually couple goals. Two years ago, Allison transferred to Seaside and she and Warren are still going strong.

I've never been that close to Allison, we're friendly and all but I wouldn't say we're friends. Still, I guess I should be thanking her for getting me a potential prom date.

Most of Warren's friends already have dates and he doesn't want to go alone so she suggested he ask me. Apparently, I'm the perfect candidate because we're already good friends and I'm not at all threatening to their relationship.

Not sure if I should be flattered or offended about that.

Anyways, it's not like he really asked me to prom.

I texted him for help with a physics question, which evolved into a conversation that somehow related to Prom.

i think if someone asked me to prom i
would probably think it was like a joke

'where's the hidden cameras?'

like i can't fathom the idea that some guy 
would actually want to go to prom with me

I don't wanna be that guy that asks a girl to
prom over text

But...

Okay?

I would ask you to prom

You would?

Yep

interesting

our height difference would be good in pics

So...?

so what?

Do you have an answer?

to what?

u didn't ask a question

Oh

I see...

He didn't exactly ask and I didn't exactly accept, but we kind of unofficially know that we're going together. That is if he ever decides to actually ask me.