two

Before Taehyung Got Back His Memory

3 Years Ago...

Taehyung sat on the couch, tapping his fingers as he nodded his head to Jeongguk's words.

"So, they'll do brain surgery on you. Before, they were unable to, because they weren't as reductive to resources , but now they can. You'll finally remember me, kitten." Jeongguk smiled as he embraced the older, making him feel safe.

"B-brain surgery?" Taehyung asked, scared.

"It's okay, kitten. I'll be on the other side of the door. Waiting." Giving an assuring smile, Jeongguk kissed Taehyung's cheek.

"Okay, now we have to get going." Jeongguk said as he stood up, taking Taehyung's hand in his own.

°

Jeongguk sat anxiously on the stool, his knees chattering as he clasped his hands together.

"Excuse me, are you Jeon Jeongguk?" A sudden voice called, Jeongguk lifting his head as he jumped up, standing in front of the doctor, nodding.

"Taehyung is stable. We have regained his memory. He is awake now, you may see him." Jeongguk thanked the doctor before dashing into the room, his heart dropping at the sight.

Taehyung was pale, his eyes blank, staring into nothingness, his lips curved into a frown.

He turned his head toward Jeongguk, a small smile creeping up on his lips.

"Jeongguk.." He weakly said, Jeongguk frowning happily as he ran to Taehyung, holding him in his embrace,

"d-do you remember me?" Jeongguk asked weakly, his smile turning into a slight frown.

Taehyung nodded his head,

"how could I not forget about my mafia daddy."