1.4

𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙡

"we're sorry, miss jenn. we didn't mean to be late-"

"angie," miss jenn interrupted the blonde, who was sitting next to ricky, the glum look he had earlier creeping back on his face. "you and ricky made a commitment to be here."

the two were late to rehearsal, which didn't set well with miss jenn, so she dismissed rehearsal. they were in her office, the smell of cheap perfume wafting in the air. 

ricky stayed silent most of the time, letting his friend talk for him.

"i know, and-"

"and unless it's a family emergency, it's-"

"my parents are splitting up." he finally spoke, causing angie to turn her head. ricky averted his eyes from miss jenn's to his beat up sneakers.

"and angie was just being there for me."

angie couldn't help but feel a small smile take shape on her face while their drama teacher fell speechless. she didn't expect to hear that unfortunate news. 

"i-i'm so sorry to hear that," she began, not knowing what to say. "i know how you feel. my stepfather and my mom called it quits when i was younger."

ricky shifted in his seat. miss jenn's eyes moved to angie and continued to talk. "you're lucky to have someone like angie to get you through this."

she grinned, seeing ricky's expression soften at the mention of her being there for him. there was never a moment where she wasn't there for her best friend, it was practically her sole purpose in life.

"you're right," ricky lightly smiled. "i am."