Chapter Sixteen

Hello! It's me. I wanted to give you all a little gift today because I've had a good day and I'm a bit drunk but that's okay. I'm currently watching my friend play Beat Saber as we introduce him to BTS and KPop 😂😂

Anyway, We get a bit of backstory of Quinn and Taejin. We already know of her parents death, and that she isn't close with her aunt. We get more of an insight of who she is in this chapter.

Enjoy!

Chapter Sixteen:

"Alright, kiddos," my dad says the next morning clapping his hands together. The whole family is gathered in the kitchen eating breakfast waiting to hear the schedule for today. "As you all know, it's the infamous Game Night tonight. In an attempt to avoid losing any games to the snow outside, we're making teams."

"I thought the old people played together and the younger ones played together," Elliot says around a mouth full of food.

"Gross dude," Jasper brushes the chewed food off his shoulder. Elliot shrugs without a care.

"Well, us old people are getting bored with each other," my dad says shooting a pointed look at Elliot.

"So, what are we doing instead?" I ask setting down my now empty mug. Quinn doesn't hesitate to snag the mug and refill it, placing it back down in front of me. That's how it's been all morning.

We both keep silently doing things for each other; anticipating the others need before they do themselves. She had come into the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth this morning and I handed her toothbrush to her already set up the way she likes it; wet first, then a bit of toothpaste, and wet again. I was struggling to button up my shirt and she came over, her fingers quickly working the buttons in the correct place and popped my collar up for me before I pulled my sweater over my head. I gathered the fruit for our breakfast, strawberries and bananas, and she grabbed some chocolate chip waffles for us to share. She knew what I needed and wanted before I had the chance to say a word; and the same goes for her.

I take another bite of a waffle and get chocolate on my face, before I have the chance to reach for a napkin, Quinn is already reaching over and wiping it off the corner of my mouth. Heat covers my cheeks in a pink flush.

"We're going to randomly pick teams!" My dad says with a large, self-satisfied grin.

"But, dad, that leaves up to chance that some people who shouldn't be together are going to be on the same team," CoCo chimes in as she cuts up Izzy's waffles for her. "And we know how that ends."

"Monopoly Gate," everyone calls out in unison and a collective sigh.

"Listen, we've grown since then!" Asa tries to argue.

"Yeah, what he said," my dad adds. "Come on, we promise to be good, right everyone?"

"I'll play how I want to," Grandpa Allaric grumbles stubbornly. His wife elbows him and he bows his head. "I'll play fair," he says half-heartedly.

"See? Everything will be fine!" My dad grins. "Now, go prepare, we go to war in a few hours. Who will emerge victorious!"

Quinn leans over to me, "it's just game night, though." Unfortunately for her, Christopher overheard.

"Just...game....night?" He says appalled. "No, no, this is an annual Manos tradition. This is a bloodbath. This is where we lay our heads and hearts on the line and find out which family members are the best. We challenge our patience, intelligence, steady heads, and quick thinking in these games."