Prolonge

Once Upon A Time...

The night was calm, most of the Enchanted Forest was asleep. The sky was dark and filled with many stars it seemed like any other night but it was very different.

A man, that went by the name of Elijah Smith, was sitting in his small cottage exhausted from working as a black smith. He sat in a chair that faced the window, thinking of how he wished that he was not alone; he looked up to the sky and saw a shooting star so that's exactly what he did, he wished to not be alone. That's when the ground began to shake, waking the villagers, Elijah ran out the door and towards the forest in search of what caused it.

He felt as if something was compelling him to go deeper into the forest. After a while he stumbled across a huge hole in the ground and when he looked to see what had caused it he was, to say the least, shocked to find a infant wrapped in silk. What shocked him even more was the fact that it was glowing a light blue, Elijah carefully picked up the small baby and wrapped it in his jacket to keep it warm. When he arrived home he quickly set the child gently on his bed and unwrapped it to find that the small infant was a girl.

He smiles and says, "Hello sweetheart, what should we call you?" The baby looks at him curiously causing him to chuckle slightly. He tilted his head and scratched his chin in thought when he suddenly thought of the perfect name for her.

"How about Stella?" He asked her, she looked at him and smiled. She giggled, it sounded like music, he knew that she liked the name and couldn't help but smile at her. He finally took a good look at her and saw that she had hair as dark as the night sky, she had stormy grey eyes, her lips were as red as a rose and she had fair skin.

Her eyelids started to become heavier and she yawned, Elijah wrapped her back up before he gently laid down beside her. He pulled her into his arms and she quickly fell asleep, he laid there watching her sleep wondering where she came from and why she glowed but he closed his eyes and fell asleep not long after.

~~~~~

Years had passed and Stella had grown into a kind hearted 4 year old, she was quite intelligent as well, she spent most of her days out playing in the forest and helping her father around the house whenever it was needed. He taught her everything thing he knew on survival such as bow and arrow, throwing knives, hunting, fighting, building traps, etc. she was a fairly quick learner and she was an excellent hunter. She still glowed a light blue causing her to have no friends and stay close to the cottage.

But not long after the young girl turned 8 years old Elijah fell very ill and died a few months later, leaving the young girl an orphan. The young girl stopped glowing after he died and she turned to stealing to get what she need to survive. She left the cottage and went deep into the woods, setting up a camp for her new home, for the first nights after her father's death she spent crying until she had no tears left to cry. She made a promise to herself that she wasn't going to cry anymore and that she was never going to let anyone close enough to hurt her like that again. But one thing was for sure, she was never going to step foot in that cottage ever again.