Chapter 3

A/N: This is how I imagined what Neverland to look like in the morning. Sorry that it's short. Enjoy the chapter!

I opened my eyes to see the boys were dressed and about to leave, causing me to grab Max's arm in confusion.

"What are you doing?" I asked groggily, I sat up and let go of his arm so I could put my boots on. He quickly glanced at me before he tossed my cloak at me and walked out, I furrowed my eyebrows confused with his behavior. Last night I could hardly get him or the other boys to calm down, but then again he seemed the quietest out of them.

"Pan wants to play a game, so we can't be late." Rufio said causing me to jump, not realizing he was there, he smiled at my reaction. I was confused on why we were getting up early just because Peter wanted to play a game.

"So? Why do we have to get this early just because Peter wants to play a game?" I asked as I voiced my thoughts, Rufio looked at me with wide eyes which caused me confusion to deepen.

"You're not suppose to call him by his first name, get in trouble if you do." He explained seeing my confused expression, I nodded to show I understood but I was still confused.

"That still doesn't explain why we're up early." I pointed out, Rufio just nodded staying silent as he waited patiently for me to get ready. When I finished we both walked out and I was surprised to see all of the lost boys all gathered, wide awake, ready to play whatever game Pan wanted to play. We didn't have to wait long before he showed up ready to explain the game.

"Alright boys, we're going to play cat and mouse; one person is the mouse and the rest are the cats. The mouse has to try to survive until sunset without getting by the cats, whoever wins gets a day off from chores!" He yelled, the lost boys cheered when they heard that they wouldn't have to do chores. "So, who will be the mouse?" He asked causing the boys to quiet down I was confused on why all the boys were silent, what was so bad about the mouse?

"I'll be the mouse." I volunteered causing some of the older boys to start snickering while the rest had huge smiles, except for some younger boys, even Pan had a huge smile. However, his seemed darker then the rest of the boys.

"We'll give you a 20 second head start." He said as his eyes darkened with his smile. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, wondering if it was a good idea to be the mouse.

"You can't use magic to find me or else that's cheating." I said, I was uncertain if he would use magic or not. He nodded agreeing to my terms causing me to relax slightly, but I still didn't lower my guard.

"Great, now lets begin." He said, he and the boys started to count but I was already running by the time they got to 3.

~~~~

I realized as I was running I didn't know the island at all, it probably best idea to volunteer to be the mouse. I saw a tree that look like it was alright to climb so that's what I did, I climbed, I immediately jumped from tree to tree. I felt like I was back in the Enchanted Forest, running from the royal guards but this time I'm trying to survive until sunset and not just trying to get away.

Faintly I could hear the boys cheering and hollering causing me to move faster, I had jumped into a gigantic tree only to hear that the boys weren't very far away. So, I climbed high enough to where they couldn't see me if they looked up but I could see them. I laid my back against the tree and sighed, I have a feeling today is going to be a long day.