We meet again

The sound of her shoes resonated the dim and cold foyer.

As she drew nearer, the music was pounding and becoming more clearer to hear. The lights flashing as she entered. Women sliding slowly and seductively down the the pole. Men and women throwing cash, whistling and watching the strippers.

Her eyes instantly flickered up to the balcony in the strip club where her husband stood.

Blowing the smoke out of his mouth, he grinned at the sight of his wife. Her beautiful skin glowed under the dim lights and yet still, she shined the most. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen. 

Dream drew near behind Roman and wrapped her right arm around his waist as the other hand had gripped the railing. Oh how she loved the anger in the eyes of her enemy. She smirked down at Fei.

Fei's chest had fallen softly at the sight before her. Roman noticed. He had noticed the hurt, her glossy eyes and how she bit her lower lip.

She was still beautiful.

But seeing him with another woman by his side made Fei think otherwise of her beauty. And suddenly Julio had appeared by her side.

He was too close to her as he whispered down to her ear. Roman had gripped the rail tighter and threw his cigar onto the floor. The base of his shoe pressing down on it as the smoke died out.

His dark brown eyes stared at the couple before him.

He shouldn't have been surprised to see his brother with her. Julio was always fond of Fei as Fei had a soft spot for him too.

"Tell me, is your brother better at fucking?" Dream giggled. Roman's attention did not shift off of his wife. "I can always put you back in the streets." He replied quietly.

That had shut her up.

"Are you okay?" Fei's eyes landed on the ground and shifted slowly into Julio's warm light brown eyes. It was comfortable and he was always there to make sure she was okay. She nodded her head quickly.

The corner of his lips softly frowned. "You don't have to lie to me."

"I don't want to speak on it." She coughed.

A concerned look was etched on his face as she passed him quickly.

Fei had walked towards the stairs that led to her husband. Her teeth had clenched at that word; he was not worth that title.

Every step she took, different memories with her soon-to-be ex-husband had popped in her mind; the good and the bad. It was the pain in her heart that she could not lull to sleep.

It was hard to come to terms of his actions, and she never had gotten the chance to. Him losing her so easily had always set the fires aflame in her.

The final steps up to him, she had withdrew a breath. And there he was.

His shiny black dress shoes; she could see her own reflection. The smell of cigar and his cologne had filled her nose. Her hands sweating lightly. The fast paced beat in her heart. She couldn't look at him in the eyes. She was afraid she would fall back in love with him.

But how could she not? This was the man that had fell in love with before, shared a life together and were family.

She gulped her anxiety and tilted her head to look at him in the eyes.

Her light brown eyes had soften his heart; the only one who could do this to him. She could stop time when he was in her presence. Her fresh scent reminded him of their home. Her dark brown hair that glowed bright under the sign. Her lips-

"Roman." She said with disappointment. This tone reminded him of when he had first upset her.

—————-

"Roman."

"Yes." He took a couple of seconds to try to find multiple ways to say it in a subtle way, but he knew none would ease her heart. "I did it." He sighed. His eyes had faltered down to her. She stood so close to him. Her eyes staring at his chest. Her expression, he could not describe it.

He lifted his arms up in attempt to wrap them around her frame. "No. Don't." And his arms had faltered as well.

Even though she had spoken those words, she didn't mean it. She wanted him to grasp her in his arms and tell her it wasn't true.

Three knocks came from the frame of the open door. Fei quickly wiped her tears but Roman had noticed.

"Uh- everyone's wondering where the hosts are." Julio said as his eyes stared at Fei the whole time. He could tell by the tense atmosphere that they were arguing.

Roman had coughed. "Thank you Julio. We'll be down there soon."

With a disheartened smile, Julio nodded and left the room. As Julio's footsteps receded, Roman had poured himself a shot of Don Julio 1942 while Fei looked at their framed photos on his office wall.

Both of their backs faced each other. They couldn't look at one another. It was too much for him to see her in pain and she couldn't bear to look at the man she thought had loved her for 10 years.

"You promised me you wouldn't hurt me. I've always kept my word." She said as she held herself.

The large cold glass of liquor that was about half full, too much to be considered a shot, had stopped at the place of his bottom lip.

He gulped down the liquor. He gulped down the guilt. "I did." There was no way of fixing this; no way to make her forget. Nothing would take away the hurt he inflicted on her and he had owed her at least the truth, especially on their 5th anniversary.