Beautiful Nightmare - Ch. 2 NIGHTMARE

Nightmare

I walked through a tall forest. Back to where my mother lived. I could clearly see the cabin as she walked out to greet me. I was only a little girl back then. Nothing interesting had happened to my life, until I turned five. I could hardly remember anything, seeing as how I didn't want to remember. But, my mind just kept floating back there, to the dense bush that my mother had called home. I never understood it till now. Why my mother, the women who had bore me, had moved so far from civilization.

Shouldn't I have been more aware of where I was running to instead of why I was running? The truth is, something had scared me. It was following me in the forest. But, now that it was so far behind me, I thought I might've had a chance. I was turning around to see if it followed, and slowly turning, I looked toward my mom...something flashed; something very bright. It seemed to have blinded me to the point where I fell to the ground. I rubbed the tears from my eyes, which was burning from the brightness of the light, and standing I looked around. The forest I once came to know as my safe haven had turned completely dark. The feeling that was now going down my spine, had never struck me like this before. It was as if someone took a stone, and pounded my head in with it.

Then I heard it. The ear piercing scream of a dying person, all the bones in my body shook. I couldn't move my feet. At that moment, I knew I was trapped. I watched as my mother plummeted to the ground motionless. I wanted to scream, but couldn't. Nothing would come out. There was nothing I could possibly do to save my mother from her state. Then, my feet finally gave into my will. Little by little, my feet carefully took quit steps as I walked toward my mother. I could finally see her face. She was still breathing, she reached out a hand to grab me, but something stopped me. It was the bright white figure that had blinded me before. I looked on the ground toward my mother. This time there was agony on her face. The light had turned from bright to the point where I could now see the face that was staring at me. It was pale, with bloodshot eyes, it looked dangerous. Yet, it was - beautiful. It was like an angel. Only, it was a demon to me.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed as I sat straight up in my bed. My whole body was covered in sweat this time. I could feel my body trembling to the thought of my mother dying, but I've felt this feeling before. So why was I still so scared? I couldn't figure it out myself. But, all I could feel was the piercing eyes staring back at me.

My breathing was settling down, but my heart was still pumping blood like never before. My head was spinning as I closed my eyes to get the glowering pair of eyes out of my mind.

But it was nothing unusual for me. I had to live with these nightmares for almost twelve years. So, why are tears flowing down my face? Why could I not stop these feelings from creeping into my throat? I felt like I was about to scream.

I kept it in.

My breath settling, I glanced over to the clock on my nightstand. 6:30 a.m., it read. My heart sank even deeper into my chest. But, I was glad that I needed to go to school. Maybe it would take my mind off of this nightmare.

So, I got up and walked over to the bathroom. I went through my daily

routine: washing my face, drying it, brushing through the tangles in my hair till they were smooth, brushing my teeth, and putting on a light blue short-sleeved shirt with a pair of old faded blue jeans. After that, I walked casually down stairs.

I stopped mid way down the stairs and smelt the air. I smelt the great aroma of my aunt's homemade French toast and her freshly squeezed orange juice. I practically ran down the stairs when I opened my eyes. The last step I certainly missed when I fell, but caught myself at the end of the stairs.