Beautiful Nightmare - Ch. 8 STRANGERS

Stranger

The next morning was the same old routine I've been taking for the past three years I started working. As I walked into the shower, and turned it on, the water singed my sensitive skin.

"Ouch," I cried. My back felt as though the skin was entirely burned off.

Ileanna. . .

I looked up quickly, and flew the shower curtains open. A voice called my name, and my whole body tingled. I suddenly ran out of breath, as the fog from the shower rose, and I couldn't breath correctly. I tried to catch myself on the shower curtain, but I fell to the ground.

Something was suffocating me.

I tried to call out to someone, but nothing came out.

"Ileanna," Carlissa's voice called from my room. Finally, a ray of light. The knob on my bathroom door turned, and she walked through. It looked as if a ring of light surrounded her. She was so angelic, and beautiful.

"Mommy!" she yelled out toward the door as she ran to my side trying to cover me with a towel. "Mommy, hurry! Ileanna's in trouble!"

My aunties footsteps ran up the stairs, and she turned into the bathroom. "Carlissa, go, I'll take care of it," she said, as she shoved Carlissa out the door.

"Ileanna," my aunty whispered in my ear.

All at once, the darkness cleared up around me, and the tightening sensation around my neck loosened and I could breath as I coughed multiple times.

"Aunty," I whispered.

"Thank God, you're okay," she sighed with relief. "Let's go, you're going to be late for work."

I quickly jumped up and raced into the shower once more to finish my shower. The water was nice, but I did not recall anything that had happened to me. All I remember was seeing the most beautiful face in the world. A little girl's face that lit up the night sky with just one smile. To me it was so amazing.

It usually would take me about fifteen minutes to get to work, after all, the city was small. I worked for a café called: "Taste of Avalea". the name might be corny, but they serve the most delicious mocha's ever.

"You're late Anna," my boss yelled at me from behind the counter during this morning's coffee rush. He was handing out freshly brewed coffee's, ice cold frappuccino's, and the whole lot of people were practically screaming, that the front person had to yell out his order.

"I know, I'm sorry Mr. Latimer," I yelled back as I tried to make my way through the crowd, and to Mr. Latimer.

"This is only your first offense," he said sternly, "Don't let it happen again."

I nodded my head like a good little girl and took my place at the cash register. To me, the cash register was slow. Luckily, I was in advanced math class, so I usually beat it.

"Alright!" I yelled at the top of my lungs (and coughed a bit). "I need everyone to make one orderly line! . . . Please . . ."

All at once, the people shut up, and stood like they were suppose to. I smiled at this.

"Finally," the man up front sighed, "I can barely talk now, Ileanna."

He and I both laughed together.

"Don't worry Mr. Sharp, you don't have to yell anymore," I reassured him. "Your usual?"

"Oh, yes please, thanks Ileanna," he smiled warmly, and left me a nice tip.

"Ugh, finally," I yawned as I wiped off the counter from today's ruckus. It lasted up until one 'o clock today, and I was exhausted.

"You did a good job though," Michelle sighed as she took off her apron. "By the way, what happened to you this morning? Why were you so late to work?"