Beautiful Nightmare - Ch. 4 ATTACK

Attack

"Guys," I whispered as I stood up, "let's go."

"Sure, but have you seen Elexis?" Malia asked.

"Yeah, she was standing right behind - ," I stopped when I turned around. Elexis was gone. "She was standing right in back of you two."

There was another earsplitting scream.

"Elexis!" I shouted.

She was gone. Malia crept up to my side. She was breathing heavily. Her whole body was shaking. I took her hand, it was cold. She was going into shock.

"What's happening?" she asked through her clenched teeth.

The area around us was getting colder. Very fast. It was almost like being in a freezer.

"I don't. Know." I said as I held onto her.

I heard Cleoh's Stiletto's against the hard ground. She was walking back and forth. Pacing herself. She was also biting at her nails. A nervous habit she had when she got nervous. I noticed it in ninth grade. But, this was the worst. She was biting like she had intentions of biting her finger off. She had her finger in her mouth.

I knew, that if she didn't stop, she would end up biting all the way up until her flesh.

And I was right.

"Ouch," she cried. I ran over to her to see what she had done this time.

"What's the matter?" I asked in concern. She held out her hand which was covered in blood.

"Oh, nothing," she laughed. "I just bit myself again."

"Again? You need to stop that," Malia complained. "It's bad enough already."

"I know," she sighed, "but, I can't. It's something I have to do or else . . ."

"Or else what?" I asked again.

"I go berserk," she laughed.

There were foots steps coming from the opposite end of the alleyway. We all turned around to see who was coming. Maybe help? We couldn't be more wrong.

It was a tall man. He was pale in the skin, almost sickly. He had brown hair. His eyes were dark. His lips were rosy and fully. He wore a white collared shirt, and baggy jeans. His shirt was tucked in sloppily. He had one hand in his pocket and the other, he was rubbing his chin with. He was smiling very intently.

That's when I remembered. It was this guy, I had kissed earlier. It was him. The same lips, and eyes. I was sure this time.

"That's him," I whispered to Cleoh. "That's the guy who kissed me."

"Really?" she gasped when she looked at me. "He's absolutely gorgeous."

Again. She was right, like she always is. He was really gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He got closer and closer and closer. He smiled and examined each of us. We watched as he sized Cleoh up and down.

He sniffed the air. "It's not you I smell," he said with a soft, silky voice. "But you'll do." He smiled at Cleoh, and with a blink of a eyes he was gone. I looked around. But saw nothing. He wasn't there anymore. But, that's when I felt a pull on Cleoh, and she disappeared right after.

"Cleoh!" I screamed. Malia only clung onto me some more. I could feel her tears drip onto my bare shoulders. It was cold, but I didn't mind.

"What is going on Ileanna?" she asked as another eye full of tears leaked down her cheeks. "What's happening?"