Intro.

"Legend has it that when two people sit on the bench, they'll be together forever. Yet if someone sits on the bench alone, they'll be forever alone."
It was the year 1975, a lonely woman sat down on a bench to read a book on the quad. Her name was Elizabeth, she had a love for literature. Not long after she sat down, a man sat down next to her. She didn't pay him much attention, she didn't pay anyone on campus much attention. Elizabeth kept to herself despite the many students that were pining for her attention. The man sitting next to her didn't even spare a glance in Elizabeth's direction, he simply opened his book and began to read. The next day, the same thing happened, they both read in silence. Days turned into weeks and week to months. Finally one fateful day Elizabeth sat down to read her book. She opened it and settled down in her seat only to be interrupted by a boy from her English class. "Is this seat taken?" He asked nodding to the seat next to her. Elizabeth had grown accustomed to her silent reading partner, and she didn't want to give away his seat. Though it seemed as if her partner was running late that day. She couldn't exactly tell this boy no, that'd be rude and dishonest. She waited a few seconds, looking around. When she didn't catch sight of her silent partner she sighed. Maybe today would be different. "This seat is-" Right at that moment he walked right behind the boy from her english class. "This seat is taken. Yes it is." She couldn't help but smile in the direction. The boy's hopeful smiling dropped when he turned around to see the face of someone else. "I see, well enjoy your day. See you in class Elizabeth." She smiled up at him "You too!" She settled after realizing she didn't know the boy's name. "Elizabeth, such a lovely name. Thank you for saving my seat." How had she never noticed this lovely man. "You're very welcome, uhm." "Nate, my name is Nate." Elizabeth smiled "You're very welcome, Nate. Nate took his seat and opened his book. They once again read in silence. The pair went on like this until the weather became too cold to bear. Elizabeth and Nate found a place by the warm fire to read. However from that one day on the bench blossomed a bond like no other. Nate and Elizabeth loved each other til the day they died.