Chapter 7

“can we speak?” agr, there two brothers are really annoying “what do you want, Daniel?” I stand up, leaning on the wall, watching him carefully. He has changed into his most liked red louis Vuitton t-shirt and black jeans “I’m sorry about earlier” I cut him of by laughing, Daniel tends to always have a thing about fighting with me and then apologizing…. I can’t even say no because he forces that apology but this time that’s not going to happen because I’m done.

“you tend to always treat me like I’m nothing and then you feel it’s all going to be fine if you apologize” he sighs and walks into the room, taking a seat “you don’t understand! I got a lot on my mind” his veins start popping out, something that tends to happen when he gets angry “don’t raise your voice at me” I warn him.

He comes here for forgiveness but yet he still will scream at me. I’m a human, a woman and I deserve respect “why do you have to be such a bitch!?” he shouts out, standing up and facing me. Out of anger I hit the lamp shade of the bedside table and storm towards Daniel not caring about the mess that I made “the only bitch that I know of is your mother” damn! I didn’t mean to say that but his pushing his limits with me.

“SKYLAR!” he raises his hand, sending me into shock. My body freezes and I can’t seem to move but before his hand can make connect with my cheek, someone pushes him away. A black t-shirt appears in front of me, covering me but more like protecting me from a beast I call my boyfriend.

“stay within your limits, Daniel” I snap out of my daze when I hear Damien’s voice. What is he doing here? He seems to always appear at the right time just like a teenage romance movie “she fucking called our mother a bitch!” Daniel screams at Damien, I take a peek from the side of Damien and immediately Daniel’s blood red eyes meets mine, I whimper but Damien’s hand moves me back to where I was – where Daniel had no view of me “she was stating a fact, what’s wrong with that?”

I cover my mouth so that the giggle won’t escape through my lips “I need to get out of here” Daniel breaths out heavily as he exits the room “that was epic!” I high five Damien but quickly give out an awkward cough “so I guess you not that fond of mother?”

I giggle, grabbing my robe from the chair “I guess we can all say that’s she’s not the one that’s fond of me” walking out of my bedroom, I wrap the robe around my body “wait up!” Damien jogs after me as I quicken my pace “can you ever leave me alone?” I groan out, throwing my head back. I always had myself to look out for, ever since mum and dad died I use to always cry to myself and the next morning I would tell myself I can make it through the day so I’m not use to having someone protect me or defend me either.

“I just wanted to ask, how’s your wound?” he keeps his pace up and looks down at me “it’s much better” I give him a grin, I secretly thanked him in my mind but I won’t give him the chance for his ego to go as high as Mount Everest. When I got shot before, I didn’t have anyone to help me especially when I didn’t want Daniel to know about me doing drugs “that’s good”

“and for your question before…… I love annoying you so, no I won’t be leaving you any time soon” he laughs wickedly making me regret my decision for letting my mind slip. I haven’t eaten the whole day and I’m super hungry, I walk into the kitchen with the rat behind me. He seems to love following me around – dog. I see Miss Naidoo walking in from the back door “Ava! How have you been?”

I hug her “good and you Miss Naidoo?” she pats my cheek “good good, with you like your supper, my dear?” I nod and take a seat on the bar stool, eagerly waiting for the food. I fold my arms and lay my head down on the table, resting my eyes but soon I find myself drifting away not worried about Damien standing at the door way – watching me.

“why don’t you go to bed, dear?” someone shakes me up, I look up to see a plate of delicious looking pasta “I’m hungry, though” I yank the plate of pasta from her hands and start digging in. She let’s out a giggle “enjoy” she walks away leaving me in my own heaven. Miss Naidoo is one of the most respected house keeper in the house because she has been working for the Ellis family since Steven, Daniel and Damien’s dad was born. She is a small petite woman, around the age of 65. She cooks amazing food and that’s why Daniel hired her when we got the house.

I finish eating and place my plate in the sink “for me?” I snap around, my hand on my chest “what is wrong with you!?” I push Damien away from me, he smirks “wanna go somewhere?” I frown and adjust my eyes at the clock behind him…….. Go somewhere at 10 at night? “no thank you” I push past him, walking out of the kitchen “wait up!” honestly this guy loves following me.

“please! I promise you, you won’t regret it” he pleads with me, sighing I look up the stairs to see the lights of Daniel’s room is switched off. A hand grips mine “don’t worry he won’t know” pulling my hand away from his “what do you mean?” I take a step back, seating myself on the stairs “you fear what his opinions are and you also love doing exactly what he wants, right?”

He sits next to me, throwing his head down trying to catch a glimpse of me “wrong” I mumble “then why do you always try to please his desires and not yours?” I stand up in a rush, almost tripping “you have said enough! It’s only been 2 days that you have been staying here with Daniel and I yet you always try to meddle into our relationship!”

I take a deep breath in “if you don’t stop this-“ I’m ready to say what needs to be said “then it’s best if you leave” I turn around, leaving him gawking at me. I ascend the stairs, going straight into my room. I lock the door, placing my back towards it. The only thought that’s traveling through my mind is ‘what have I done?’

Saturday Afternoon

“my mother is hosting a dinner tonight, I won’t be home until midnight” Daniel turns to walk away but I grab his hand “Dan-“ he yanks his hand away from mine “I forgot to say, pack your bags and leave my house, by the time I get home you must be gone out of my house and my life” my jaw drops and I feel myself getting weak on my knees “what are you saying, Daniel?”

“I said what should have been said a long time ago, now get packing” his about to leave but I run to him, blocking his path “if you want me to leave than why did you tell me about the dinner tonight and what time you going to be home?” I try to keep myself strong because I feel like bursting out in tears. Daniel sighs and turns around, pointing, I let my gaze fall on Damien who waves awkwardly at me “I wasn’t speaking to you but to my brother”

I take a few steps away from him, letting him pass “I won’t leave” I grit my teeth as I hear his footsteps come to a stop “what?” I spin on my heels, facing him “I said I won’t leave…… But I won’t be leaving this house but I will surely be leaving your life and now you should hurry off to mommy dearest” I sho him but he stands in the same spot with eyes wide as saucers “you can’t do that” he mumbles, definitely shocked at my behavior “I can” I turn around and see a smirking Damien, he opens his mouth but glances at Daniel “well done” he mouths, for the first time in my life, I smile at Damien.

I walk away, grabbing my leather jacket of the rail and walking outside. I stop when I see the most gorgeous thing in my life. Outside in the rain sat Damien’s Matt black motorbike. I feel drool falling out of my mouth, I always wanted to ride one but unfortunately Daniel, I quote “it’s super dangerous and a waste of money” even though he spends money on basically the same damn cars, mental eye roll.

“you want to ride?” I look up to see keys dangling down “I don’t know how too” I sigh and cross my arms, leaning on the pillar. I look around the driveway to find that Daniel’s car is not here “he has already left” Damien stands next to me, I glance at him to find him in a leather jacket as well “come here” he grabs my arm and drags me into the rain “what are you doing!?” I shout at him, trying to get out of his grip.

We come to a stop “what the hell!?” rain pours down both of us, my hair sticks to my face and my white V-neck is very visible, I quickly cover my chest area with my arms “hop on” I look at the direction his pointing at “hell no!” I turn to walk away but arms wrap around my body, he pulls me into him with my back against his chest.

“hold on tight” he whispers, gravity betrays me when I’m lifted into the air, witnessing a lighting bolt and placed onto the motorbike. I grip onto the handles, comprehending what just happened “start” I didn’t even notice he was seated behind me “no” folding my arms, I act stubborn “God!” he leans on top of me, squishing me to my death.

The killer machine roars to life as I jump up slightly “now this is for safety measures” something round gets placed on my head. Looking up I notice the helmet, I tighten it and lean back “let’s go” I frown “what about you?” he shrugs “what about me?” I roll my eyes “your helmet” I point at the one on my head “I only own one and plus your safety matters more”

My cheeks go crimson and I’m so happy it’s raining because you can hardly see….. Wait WHAT!? “ITS RAINING!” I shout out, ready to jump off but Damien pushes himself into me, griping the handles and accelerating. My head spins as we head out of the driveway…… Can he get anymore dangerous?