Chapter 3

Chapter 3 -

Audrina’s POV:

                I kept quiet the rest of the ride.  “So, what happened?”  Benny asked me, breaking the uncomfortable silence in the room.  “Don’t make me go back there, please.”  I whimpered, feeling tears brim my eyes.  Benny looked over at me sympathetically.  “Hun, what did he do to you?”  She asked, her voice was soft.  She turned her attention, back to the road waiting for me to answer.

                I bit my lip, trying not to relive the painful memories.  “Terrible, terrible things.”  I answered softly.  “I’ll talk to Richie for you.  I’ve never seen Harry be such a prick…I’m sorry.”  Benny responded sympathetically.  I’ve never seen this side of Benny, she always acted like she didn’t have feelings but now she’s acting like she really cares about me.  “Thank you.”  I whispered, turning my attention out the window.

                I hadn’t realized it, but tears were slowly falling down my cheeks.  It wasn’t fair.  But, in a way, it was all my fault.  I could be back home with my abusive step dad, and my drug addict mom.  I was so stupid the day I left, if I could look into the future, I probably would’ve just stayed there and put up with the pain.  Anything was better than what I had gone through.

*Flashback*

                “You worthless piece of shit!  Do you think these dishes are going to wash themselves?”  My step father growled at me, holding up his dirty plate.  Before I could respond, he chucked it at the wall.  I watched at the pieces shattered everywhere on the floor, and the little indent in the dry wall from where the plate had hit.  “I’m sorry…I was doing school work.”  I mumbled in reply.

                This year I had vowed to try and get my grades up.  I had never been the brightest student, and my parents were no help at all.  So I was especially determined to work hard for at least a C or B.  All my extra time I had I spent studying.  Teachers would help me at lunch, helping me through math problems and perfecting my grammar.  They all thought I just didn’t care, none of them realized that it all reflected on my life back home.  They expected me to fail senior year, and I was determined to prove them wrong.

                “School work is a bunch of shit.  None of it helps you in life anyway.”  My stepfather growl, pushing me up against the wall.  “No it’s not; it helps you get a good job.”  I said softly, not looking my father in the eyes.  Before he even responded, I felt his hand come in contact with my face.  “They’ve poisoned your mind.”  He growled, slamming me up against the wall once again.  I felt my eyes fill up with tears from the pain.  I couldn’t cry, it would just show him how weak and vulnerable I am.

                “Now go do the damn dishes, or I’m kicking your ass out.”  He yelled, before finally unpin me from the wall.  Normally, I would do what he said.  But something different happened.  Anger spiked inside of me.  I wasn’t her servant, he was a grown man, and was capable of doing his own dishes.  “No what, you can’t kick me out because I’m leaving!”  I spat back angrily.  I was proud of myself for sounding so confident.

                Before he could even respond, I stormed into my tiny, dumpy room and packed the little things I had in a small Wal-Mart bag.  We never had much money, and could barely pay rent considering both of my parents were too lazy to get a job.  They spent all of our extra money and beer.  Once everything was packed I walked out of my room and towards the door.  “Where the hell do you think you’re going?”  My mother sneered.  “I’m leaving.”  I replied flatly.  I didn’t wait for a response; I just walked out the door, and continued walking until I couldn’t walk anymore.

*End of Flashback*

                I came back to reality, and looked up at the dumpy apartment complex that Ricky owned.  Ricky was a wealthy man, probably because he had control over most prostitutes.  “C’mon lets head inside.  I’ll make some tea.”  Benny said softly.  I nodded my head, exciting the passenger side of the car.  As we approached the complex, the familiar smell of smoke and alcohol crawled up my nose.

                  “Do you think this is some kind of joke?!  You signed a contract!”  Ricky yelled at one of the prostitutes.  “I want to move on, please understand.”  She pleaded.  He was about to hit her when one of the male prostitutes stepped in.  “Just give her time Rick, c’mon lets go get a drink…on me.”  The male said quickly, pulling Ricky away.

                It scared me seeing Ricky like that, mostly because I saw my father when I saw Ricky angry.  It was like they were the same person in a different body.  I snapped out of my thoughts as I followed Benny into our familiar, trashy apartment.  “I think we should clean up a little bit, it looks like a pigs sty.”  I said softly.  Benny nodded her head in agreement, as we both started picking up trash and wrappers off the floor.

                “I’m so sorry that you had to go through that.  I shouldn’t of forced you to go..” Benny said, breaking the silence in the room.  “You didn’t have a choice…I didn’t have a choice.”  I responded.  Benny did something really surprising, that I wouldn’t expect; she pulled me into a hug.  I felt safe in her arms. 

Zayn’s POV:

                I glared over at Harry who seemed perfectly content with himself.  “We’re deffinaltly calling them up again.”  Harry said with a smirk.  “What the hell did you do to her?”  I growled at my roommate.  “She’s was being stubborn.”  Harry replied, chuckling coldly.  I’ve known Harry for a long time, and I automatically knew what he meant.  “You’re a jackass.”  I muttered.

                “What climbed up your ass this morning?”  Harry retorted at me.  I just scoffed; at least I had some respect for girls.  Harry seemed to since that I wasn’t going to reply, so he tried asking me another question.  “How was Benny?”  Harry asking, winking at me.  “You know she is.”  I replied, laughing a little bit.

                “I can’t believe we have a damn interview tomorrow.”  Harry mumbled.  I nodded my head in agreement.  Maybe this is what we needed.  A new start.  “Yeah, I think I’m going to get some sleep so I don’t keep too bad for it tomorrow.”  I said numbly.  Harry nodded his head, as I got off the couch as made my way to my room.

                As I striped down and laid in bed, I couldn’t get the new girl out of my head.  She looked so petrified and scared, like a lost puppy.  And Harry made it worse.  She seemed so innocent, and out of place.  Not the type of girl that would be a prostitute.  I’m determined to find out more about this mysterious new girl.

_______________

Written By: LoveLikeLiam1D