Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Audrina’s POV:

                You know that feeling where you don’t know where to go, what to do with your life, or who to go to?  That’s the feeling I have right now.  So all I could do was run.  Run to nowhere in particular.  I debated on whether or not to go back to the kind man’s house, since Ricky wasn’t expecting me to be home for another 45 minutes.  As I continued to run through the streets of London, I realized how out of shape I was and just decided to walk while I caught my breath.

                I looked around to see all the happy people talking and laughing.  I envied those people.  The people that who true happiness and people that actually cared about them.  And then there were people like me who were obligated to plaster a fake smile on my face, and act like everything’s perfect.  But that’s the thing.  Nothings perfect.

                You would think that for the members of One Direction, they would have the perfect lives, but that was proved wrong.  The two boys had really thrown their perfect life away, and that’s why I hated them.  The life I threw away back home was just as depressing as this one.  A lose, lose situation.  When they, on the other hand, had the fans, the money, and the guidance they needed. 

                By the time I stopped walked, I realized I had no idea where in the hell I was.  Somewhere in downtown London, but I still had no idea how to get back to the crappy apartment buildings.  There was a tiny music store just across the street.  “What the hell.”  I mumbled to myself, before quickly darting through the busy street and nearly getting hit by three different cars.  Not that anyone would care if I did.

                I bell made a dinging noise as I stepped into the music shop.  It wasn’t very busy, thank god.  “Can I help you with anything?”  A male worker asked walking up to me.  I looked up to study his face and I froze.  “Dillon?”  I stuttered up, looking at the boy who was about 25 now.  “Audrina!”  He cheered before engulfing me into a hug.  “How’s my little sister?  Wait, why the hell are you in London?”  He started spitting out questions left and right.  Not that I minded, I was overjoyed to see my older brother again.

                “It’s a rather long story.”  I replied, laughing softly.  Concern flashed through his eyes.  “You ran away didn’t you?”  He asked softly.  I just nodded my head numbly.  “Where are you staying?  Please don’t tell me you’re homeless!  What about job?  You have to have some way to get money!”  He started rambling on and on.   My throat felt dry…my job.

                “Um, I’m living with a girl named Benny.  And for my job…I work as a barista at Starbucks.”  I lied through my teeth, looking at my other brother.  His dirty blonde hair was jelled up to the side, and his green eyes were full of concern.  I flinched, the looked exactly like Harry’s.  “Aud, you okay?  You face just turned pale.”  Dillon said, his eyes scanning my face.  “Just peachy.”  I replied, giving him another small smile.

                My brother had the right idea when he left home right as he graduated.  He just packed his things and left.  What my parents, no I can’t even call them my parents, what they didn’t know was he had been saving up money most of his life to pay for his Uni.  He left me, he left me all alone.  Dillon was one of the only people I had left, and even he abandoned me.