Azalea

"Azalea!" Saffron whined from outside the bathroom door. Rolling my eyes and groaning I placed down my hairbrush and cracked open the door.

"Will you hold on!" I told her for the fourth time. We lived in an apartment with only one bathroom and five girls so you can just imagine how hard it is to get ready when everyone wants the bathroom. We have a sort of schedule that Jess made after Saffron and Hayley got in an argument. I shut the door again but my sister continued to whine and groan.

"Please Azalea!" She cried out. "I have to go to the bathroom!" Grinding my teeth I took a deep breathe and opened the door.

"Fine just come in." I grumbled. We've been together for 22 years and nine months I think I can handle her going to the bathroom with me in here. Saffron beamed and rushed in while I continued to straighten my hair. "Are the rest of the girls nearly ready?" I questioned.

"Ummm.." Saffron replied tapping her chin as sat on the toilet. "I think Kayla is done and so is Holly. Jess just needs to get into the bathroom after you and we will be ready to go!" She cried out. I nodded my head and unplugged the straightener before running my fingers through my long dark hair.

All day we have spent catering to Kayla's every whim. She's not a bossy person and pretty easy to care for. After getting our nails done we had some lunch, a restaurant of her choosing, and then we treated her to a new dress and some shoes that she could wear for tonight. We were taking her out to a club. Her first club. The other girls and I have all gone on separate occasions but this is the first time all of us will be there.

"Okay. I'm almost done anyways." I murmured as she flushed the toilet and nudged me to the side so she could use the sink. I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips as I applied the finishing touches to my makeup.

"You look fine." Saffron says with a smile, kissing my cheek. I roll my eyes at her.

"Yea, yea, go get Jess. She won't take long and soon we'll be partying it up!" I tried to sound as excited as possible at the last note. Saffron squealed, threw open the door and began shouting for Jess. I rolled my eyes. It's not that I didn't want to party I wasn't really the party type, and neither was Kayla but I wasn't about to ditch on her 21st birthday. Especially since she couldn't go to mine.

"About done?" A voice asked. I turned toward Jess. Her hair was pinned up at the moment, her bangs out of her face. She wore a light blue sweater with the white collar of her blouse smoothed down around it, black skinny jeans hugged her legs. They were the only sign that she wasn't as old as she looked. In about fifteen minutes she'll be wearing a nearly sinful white dress, that didn't expose much but looked amazing on her. Her hair will hang down in waves, and she'll be wearing that dark eye makeup and red lipstick she only uses for special occasions.

"Yeah Jess. Here you go." I tell her grabbing my things. She let me through and I smiled as we passed by each other. Jess smiled back.

"Tell them I'll be ready in ten." She said before closing the door. Nodding I headed back to my room. I was a little excited for tonight but at the same time something didn't feel so right in the pit of my stomach.