<8>

At nine o'clock, right on the dot , the elevator's door opened revealing Aleeza Amaari wearing a dark green dress with black sneakers. Her cross body bag was carelessly slung on her shoulder. In her hands, she carried several files and what seemed to be clipboards.

Benyamen silently sat in his chair waiting, for her to get closer. He observed her as she checked in one of her mirrors whether she was looking alright and he watched as she entered his office. Three short knocks were heard , to which he replied with a short 'come in' and the door swung open.

" Good morning." She said walking over to her desk and laid most of the files down. He just nodded in return. " Shocker you know..you actually knocked today. Good improvement." He smirked slyly. Aleeza just huffed.

And thats how their day started.

Tick Tick Tick..

" Oh god! Oh god!...its..sheesh I forgot! He'll kill me. He asked me to remind me 5 minutes before..." Aleeza rushed towards Benyamen's cabin. She went on a break and got carried away. She burst through the door into the room, without knocking, guess that was a one time thing . Benyamen looked up to Aleeza raising his eyebrows.

" uhh s-sorry. You actually have a meeting in about 3 minutes. Mr.Scalice must have arrived by now. The files are ready and so is the presentation. I already spoke with the crew and there are no faults, nothing. Everythings prepared except one thing. Uhm you got to" She trailed off and mindlessly strutted towards Benyamen and adjusted his tie. " There! Its done. You can now-" Aleeza's breath hitched when she realized the distance between her and Benyamen. She gulped and moved back. Benyamen saw her, gaze casted low on the floor, blushed spread generously on her cheeks, biting her lower lip in embaressment, he exhaled sharply as he shook his head. Aleeza turned towards her table leaving Benyamen with a messy mind.

Aleeza started to collect the files but Benyamen took it from her hands. "You dont need to come with me to this meeting. Infact, dont come in front of those men. I mean, yeah. Do your other works and all. Wrap up all of your work before this meeting finishes. We have to go out." With that Benyamen rushed out of the room . Aleeza shrugged, tryingnot to dwell on Benyamen and started working.

Aleeza stretched in her chair and yawned . She stood up and sleepily walked towards the door. She was about to open it but the door opened and revealed a very tired Benyamen. They were mere inches apart. Aleeza raised her heavy eyelashes to see Benyamen's tired face. She blinked slowly and for Benyamen it was agonizingly slow. He watched her, taking in her every feature, the heavy curtain of eyelashes adorning her eyes. Pink dusted the apples of her cheeks and her lips turned into a frown. He coughed his weird thoughts away pulling Aleeza out of her haze. Her eyes widened but she didnt move away. It was like the tension in the air glued her feet to the floor. Benyamen gulped hard and spoke. His voice more deeper and huskier.

" We should leave now. Pack your stuff . I'll be waiting by the car."
With that he turned on his heel and walked off. Aleeza released a shaky breath and walked away.

When they finally reached a boutique, a woman dressed in a very elegant turquoise dress rushed towards them.

" Ben! My child! Its a surprise to see you here. How are you, hun?"
She gushed pulling him in a hug. Aleeza blinked her eyes in surprise. To give her an even bigger surprise, Benyamen hugged her back with equal happiness, a very small smile playing at his lips.

" How are you, Maureen? And yeah am fine." Benyamen replied pulling out from the hug. Aleeza stepped back a little, as she felt that she needed to give them some space. But her movement caught their attention. Aleeza smiled awkwardly and chuckled like a stupid she was, making fun of herself. Maureen looked at her amused and raised her eyebrows in question.

" Maureen, meet Aleezè-" Benyamen was cut off by Maureen's unlady like squeal.
" Aleeza? That's Aleeza? Oh my lord! Wait...what the hell!?" She rushed towards Aleeza and pulled her in a bone crushing suffocating hug. Aleeza hugged her back very awkwardly. Benyamen scratched his nape in embarassment.
As Maureen pulled out of the hug she noticed the ring in Aleeza's finger and gasped so loudly which caused Benyamen to rush towards them in worry. She held Aleeza's left hand in her hands and grazed her finger over her ring. Her eyes glassy with nostalgia. Benyamen placed his hand on her shoulder. She turned towards Benyamen and smacked him right on his head, surprising both Aleeza and Benyamen.
" You got engaged and didnt think it was important to tell me!"
With that she started smacking him and Benyamen kept stepping back at every smack. Aleeza smiled seeing them. It was so sweet to have someone like Maureen. She smiled but her eyes saddened. She didn't realise that she spaced out until Maureen pinched her cheeks. She gave her a sheepish smile.

" Maureen, she needs a dress suitable for the business gala tomorrow." Benyamen imformed and Maureen looked at her from head to toe and smirked.

" I guess I have a perfect dress for you, honey bun." She told them and then, led them towards a rack of dresses. She took out a baby pink lace dress from a hanger. The dress looked beautiful but there was just one problem, the lace in that dress would not cover her scars. It was sort of exposing for her.

" Do you like it, Aleeza?" She asked.

"No." She blurted out and Benyamen's eyes turned towards her in surprise.

" I-I mean I dont want to wear a lace dress. Its a very nice dress. I like it . But I dont think I should wear it, you know. Beautiful girls with beautiful skin tone should be wearing that, not me. I am sorry. I dont mean to be rude but I cant wear it. Its a beautiful dress. Lace is not my thing. But I--" She started her ranting only to be stopped by Benyamen placing his hand on her mouth. Her eyes widened and she quietened. His hands were so damn warm  Benyamen just gazed into her eyes , still not removing his hand away. He felt a magnetic pull kinda something around Aleeza.

" Just show her something else?"

She nodded in amusement and after checking few dresses, she picked out a pale blue dress and showed her. It had a sweetheart neck.

"No. She is not wearing that."
Benyamen snapped.

" Fine." She sighed but still amused at the couple and moved forward and showed a grey dress, it was full sleeved and had a halter neck but Benyamen blatantly rejected because of the long slit in the bottom half of the dress.

Benyamen was busy in arguing what kind of dress he wanted which Aleeza didnt pay attention to, because her eyes were zeroed in on a beautiful navy blue dress hung on the opposite side of the boutique.

She was so absorbed in that dress that she didnt even hear Benyamen calling her.

" You want that dress?", He asked, blocking her view.

She nodded, cheeks tainted crimson in embarassment.

Benyamen asked Maureen to pack that dress and went with her. They both started talking with each other. Aleeza saw this from afar and forrowed her eyebrows. She never saw Benyamen talk with anyone with so much ease. He didnt even react to when Maureen smacked him continously. He smiled and spoke with her. He smiled. He frowned. He chuckled. He displayed emotions, and Aleeza felt the warmth in her heart.