Daddy, Daughter time

Around half an hour later Nikki is fast asleep on Jack's lap, He sits there silently in a world of his own, The doorbell rings and Jack has to try and get Nikki off his lap without waking her. He manages is after a minute of struggling and then heads to the front door.
"Order for Jack Hodgson?" The delivery driver says and Jack nods and goes to hand over the money.

As he hands over the money Poppy starts to cry, Jack quickly takes back his money rushes to Poppy, picks her up and carries her to the front door trying to soothe her, "Sorry about that, my girlfriend is asleep, newborn and all" Jack says awkwardly.
He proceeds to hand over the money and the delivery driver hands Jack the bag full of food. Jack thanks the driver and heads back inside and shuts the door behind him. "Right Miss Poppy, no use crying for attention... Mummy is trying to sleep" He coos as he carries Poppy into the kitchen and places the bag on the work counter.

He walks back through to the lounge to see that Nikki is still fast asleep, he decides to leave her be and places Poppy back in her Moses basket. Jack smiles at Nikki and gently scoops her up, he carries her ever so carefully upstairs and lies her on the bed and puts a throw over her.

Jack heads back downstairs and checks on Poppy who is also asleep, He feels rather content with himself so he sorts his dinner out and leaves enough for Nikki.

He walks back through to the lounge and turns the Television on, he turns it low and sits watching the football as he eats his dinner.

After he's finished eating Jack goes and washes up before deciding to search Nikki's cupboards to see if she has brought formula for Poppy, so he can feed her without having to wake Nikki.
Luckily Nikki has kept some in a cupboard alongside some baby bottles, he reads the instructions carefully and proceeds to make a bottle of warm milk for Poppy.

He grabs a light pink muslin cloth off the clean wash pile and walks through to the lounge, he shakes the bottle as he looks down at Poppy. Jack quickly checks the temperature it's still rather hot so he leaves it to cool for a while as Poppy isn't crying for it. While waiting he researches a lot on his phone into parenting and the best way for him to bond with his newborn.

Jack checks the temperature once again and its just right so gets Poppy out of her Moses Basket as shes wide away and sits back down with her, he smiles as she starts to kick up a fuss about being fed. "Alright, Alright... just wait for a second" Jack smiles as she puts the bib around her neck.

"Bloody hell just like your mother, demanding" Jack laughs as he finally starts to feed Poppy.

"Shh, see there we go, baby, I've got this" Jack smiles as Poppy starts to drink the bottle of milk. He had never felt so close to someone until now as he gazes down at his daughter in awe.

"Let me tell you about the first time I met your Mummy, The night before I had lost yet another cage fight but that morning I went to work with a lovely bruise on my eye. The victim was a 63-year-old male who ran a candy company, your Mummy asked if i was from forensics and then I asked if she was from pathology. and the rest my dear Poppy was history. As soon as I set eyes on her I knew I had fallen for your Mummy. But what do you know, you're just a genetic reaction that happened when I and your mummy couldn't contain our feelings any longer" He smiles happily.

Jack smiles and strokes Poppy's head, "And I lied to her, she asked about my bruise and I lied and said it was from a car accident" He adds smiling.
He finishes feeding Poppy and places the bottle down on the table and leans her forwards and gently burps her.

He lies Poppy on his legs and takes his top off before lying Poppy against his chest, he grabs the throw off the back of the sofa and covers them both. "You're going to be a Daddy's girl, i can see it now" Jack smiles contently as he sits quietly with Poppy quietly dozing against his chest.