26

Trinity Grace:

"So we went to jail, and we out now. What happened? you go gay on me Trinity?" Byron asked entering the room, I had a gun pointed at my So in to be wife who was hiding me behind her. She wasn't sure of what was going on, but she made it clear no one was going to hurt me without hurting her first.

"Yo straight up? Y'all niggas starting to really stress me out." I said not even caring, who the fuck has time to stalk their fucking ex like this? We were now locked in the dressing room. It was only Chris, Bey, Kehlani and me. Then Byron, Ken, and Kehlani's ex.

"Alright so what y'all think y'all got planned this time? Y'all couldn't just stay in jail?" Chris asked making me laugh. Beyoncé was laying on Chris' chest, one of his arms was around her.

"This why y'all keep getting caught all y'all niggas do is talk. Trinity, Kehlani, Beyoncé let's go." Kehlani's ex said.

"Not happening." Chris said with more of a dark chuckle.

"Baby that's my ex Byron, he's crazy." I said to Kehlani pointing to Byron. She nodded taking in the information, someone tried to open the door and when it didn't open it was kicked down.

"Don't move." Julius said putting his gun to the back of Byron's head, "Put your gun down young lady." He demanded. "Move slowly and turn around, you." He said Ken and Ken did just that turning slowly with his hands up facing Julius.

Sierra still had her gun pointed in my direction, hate filled her eyes. She was way too determined, we had been sitting here for quite some time now. "Mommy I-"

Pow!

Pow!

Pow!

Everything happened so quickly, I was stuck as the moment replayed over and over in my mind. Everything around me fell mute as my heart broke into a million pieces.

"Can she still die even if y'all do get him out?" Chris asked

"Strong possibility." I replied

"Promise me you'll save them both." He said desperately, I couldn't make a promise like this. It wasn't my place to keep a promise I probably couldn't keep.

"Chris that's a promise I don't know if I can keep."

"Trinity.." I looked at him for a moment and sighed nodding. I was his last hope this man already lost a wife and kid I couldn't let it happen twice, I was going to do everything I could to make sure he didn't lose the woman he loved or his kid.

Though he was hurting from the events of this vacation, with Beyoncé cheating on him and all but he wanted her back and he has expressed that to me me by different times, he just has to make sure she knows what she did shouldn't go unpunished. He forgave her and I had to give her the second chance he wanted to give her.

"I promise I'll save them both."

"Grace I need you." Dr. Monroe shouted. I rushed back into the room, I no longer seen Chris in the door way.

"Look at me Beyoncé." I said as I stood between her legs. "You better not die on me, that man out there loves you and I'm going to do everything on my end to keep you and Zahir alive but you gotta fight with me understood?" I said sternly as we let the brakes up on the stretcher. "You fight, I'm not playing if you die imma have to kill you!" I shouted and she laughed for a split second before she started bottoming out. I straddled her as Monroe began rushing the bed out of the room. "Starting compressions! This ain't fighting Bey!" I yelled at her as I began pressing down on her chest multiple times.

As Monroe made her way into the OR, "Charge to 200 now!" I shouted at the nurse as soon as we entered the room, my gloved hands were bloody.

I pressed the defibrillator down on her chest and she woke back up with a loud gasp. "You are not allowed to die." I spoke sternly. "You hear me?" She nodded breathing heavily she was fighting to keep her eyes open. I got off of her, "Tiffany get him out of her now!" I shouted at her, and the nurse placed a scalpel in her hand as I walked out ungloving my hand. I sanitized and made my way back into the room.

"I-I can't Grace she's moving too much." Monroe said nervously, her heart rate started dropping again, I grabbed the scalpel from her hand pushing her out the way. Now was not the time to get scared we had to save them, I wasn't going to break my promise.

I cut her stomach open, luckily she was numb. I couldn't put her to sleep, we didn't have time I had time to get him out and save as much blood for her as possible.

Once I had cut the umbilical cord I had a quiet Zahir in my arms. "Get him airway now Monroe dammit make yourself useful!" I shouted at her and she quickly grabbed Zahir.

I managed to save Beyoncé, with no help from Monroe who was still struggling with Zahir. With her being in the same situation a year ago I don't know why she thought she could go back to OB when she clearly needs to go to a different field. I'm not even an OB. I was a trauma surgeon, I dabbled in the OB field but not since my internship or residency. Tiffany was a close friend and I was here for this purpose right here, just in case she couldn't get her mind away from losing her own child. I was called away from an important dinner when I heard Tiffany was hospitalized and when I got there they had already lost the baby, I wasn't losing my friend too.

The nurse started on Beyoncé's stitches and I went over to where Tiffany and Zahir was. I gripped his little face in between my fingers sticking the tube down his throat and he let out a gasp starting to cry. Tiffany was acting like she was scared to put the tube down his throat.

I picked him up smiling, "Hey little man." I greeted the caramel colored infant in my arms. The nurses had already rolled Bey out of the OR. "You okay, I'm not gonna let you die I got hurt you some more but I'm sorry." I said playing with his small fingers. "Promise I'll make it fast and I'll get you to your mom and dad."

It was like he smiled at me, almost like he trusted me because he had stopped crying he was making noises but he was just staring at me with what looked like a grin. I laid him on the bed exam bed his small fingers kept this grip around my finger. My heart pounded, I felt so much love in this little squeeze on my finger I had grew an attachment to the adorable infant. He was my miracle child, he put all the faith I had in myself back into my heart. He reminded me for some reason I was a great doctor.

"Zahir!" Beyoncé shouted snapping me out of my flashback...

~~~~~~~

*Drinks all the tea*

sooooo

I love you guys

that's all I got to say

~Sincerely Jay