Chapter One

June 16th, 2042

Baker-Crane

Time has reached its peak, it's time to go backward.

When my mother was in high school, way back in two-thousand-eighteen to two-thousand-twenty-two, the world was nothing like this. They were marching for rights of children and doing their best to make school shootings go away and keep the world under control. They didn't necessarily fail. Twenty-twenty-three was named the peak of human existence in the history books. The March for our lives movement had taken over and as soon as my mother's generation could get a hold of it, they succeeded in putting a ban on guns.

After that glorious year, the world started to decline, all until my mother and her two lifelong friends created a movement that would soon become a company, and then an empire... Generation Z Incorporated. Gen Z.inc is an empire made of companies that protects the world and keeps it in order, sort of like a united nations but it looks over all decisions made everywhere. To the naked eye, it might seem easy to get decisions passed the big guys, which is why my mother's friend Shauna came up with the idea of splitting the company into parts where every town, every city, every state or district, and every nation would have a GZ.inc building with an official that is in that building.

Generation Z was named the most anxious and technologically advanced generation yet, they were also named the 'fixer' generation, so my parents and their friends decided to take that seriously. When Shauna Wagner came up with the idea to split the company and turn it into an empire, she came up with the following: GZC, which is the building for towns and cities; GZSD, which is for states and districts; GZN, which is for Nations; and finally, the important of them all, GZU, Gen Z Universal, for World-wide affairs and preparation for extraterrestrial conversation.

My mother loved my father more than I thought anyone could ever love anyone, that was why she took a bullet in the rib for him in twenty-twenty-seven, when the War of Generations was happening. The war started when a bunch of early twenty-year-olds got mad about how Generation Z was running the planet because they wanted to make it a complete anarchy. They gathered a bunch of middle school and high school students and forced them into war, there were only five hundred Alpha kids in the first attack, most of them were forced to kill their own family members. However, three hundred of those kids died. Only one hundred GZ officials died in the first attack. The second attack was in the late summer of that year, ACA, the Generation Alpha attack group, sent out fifty thousand kids to attack GZ buildings, they got to Kit Island, where the GZU building lives, and shot my mom in the rib as she was trying to protect Father. To be honest, that wasn't the best choice on her part considering that they were both heavily targeted for being the lead officials of the most powerful empire of all time, and she was heavily pregnant with me, yet the bullet some how did not kill me nor her, I was fine, but she was lucky.

December third, 2027, I am born. My parents name me Arabella Lee Baker-Crane. The War of Generations had ended by the time I was birthed, but my mother was not nearly healed from the bullet in her rib, it almost killed her. Yet she still went on to have two more kids after me. Jameson Eugene, born July second, 2029, and Ashlynn Marie, born April 11th, 2033.

I stand on the auditorium stage of the GZU building in front of hundreds of GZ.inc officials. My jaw is at a ninety degree angle and my body is fully aligned. I am not allowed to move from this position, nor am I allowed to blink more than five times because of the risk of bad press. To my left, there is the Wagner family. Their eldest son, Orren stands behind their eldest daughter, Maia, who has been one of my best friends for years, despite our constant arguments over who would marry our other best friend since birth, Jack Peter Cullen. Their two younger siblings named Max and Paisley stand in front of Maia, they are look similar.