Chapter Seventeen

November 26th, 2042

Cullen

I really wanna get down, this is just nauseating now.

I go over Kit-Island every day but I've started to not appreciate it anymore. I miss Maia like hell and the thought of never seeing Gwen again boggles me. I wonder how my mom is feeling and even if my dad is okay, but I have no idea if anyone still knows I'm alive.

I get growing pains all around my body constantly. I think that I've gotten significantly taller because now I hit my head on the door to the bathroom every time I go in there. I thought that it was pretty ballsy of ACA for putting scissors in the bathroom because they didn't know if I'd lose my mind and want to end my life, but I just ended up cutting my hair.

It was really choppy, and not even, but at least it was relatively short, and not a buzz cut, that was all I cared about. I was really wishing that somehow, someway, I'd suddenly just fall back to earth. I wanted the fresh air and the people around me, but these days, the only one I had that I could talk to was myself.

I look out of the window again and remember my promise to Maia, nothing had changed, I still hold that promise to heart. When I got back I'd attack her in a hug and not let all of the precious moments with her by. I felt bad not thinking about Gwen or Ara or my mom like this but for some reason it felt like Maia was my anchor, keeping me close by.

Shooting pains go throughout my body and I have to lay on the floor and stretch myself out.

"I'll make it make it back soon, Guppy. I just don't know what soon is."