to tell the truth

"What? The Pembroke? But her-"

"Hermiones out of town. Supposedly..," Cheryl said trailing off.

"Supposedly?" It didn't sound very safe it me. After all, he husband was the one who tortured her. Who's to say she's not the same?

"Well no one has seen her since, and according to  my sources, the Pembroke has been still."

"It's still not the smartest-" Cheryl interrupted me again.

"Actually, it is because Hiram nor hermione, wherever she is, would suspect us staying at their very own home." I thought about it for a moment. It's true: no one would ever suspect anything.

"Fine. But Veronicas really twisted. What happened to her?"

"Let's not talk about that right now... we'll talk when we get to the Pembroke." I looked down and fiddled with my hands in my lap.

"Listen, guys," Cheryl started speaking to Toni, fangs, sweet pea, and myself. "I'm really sorry I had to leave and you guys felt as if I betrayed you or whatever. I just had to make it believable." We all accepted her once in a lifetime heartfelt apology when they was a small screech from behind me that made reggie almost fly off the road.

"What is going on?" Someone screamed from behind me.

"Veronica? Are you okay?" I asked peeking behind me.

She stared up at the roof of the car, not even acknowledging me as I faced her. A small smile slowly grew on her face and she blinked hollowly.

"Seriously, what the hell is wrong with her?" Even when I spoke her attention was stuck on the ceiling.

"I told you, hobo, that I'd tell you when we got-"

"Here!" We all followed Reggie's silent command to hurry up and run inside. Apparently, as said earlier, he was going to park his truck far away so no one suspected anything, and then meet back here.

I scurried our of the car to help them remove Veronica, but Archie was already on it. He attempted to speak to her, but she just looked around without a sound.

Surprisingly the door was unlocked and argue and I helped Veronica into the Pembroke, placing her down gently on the couch.

The others followed in and a huge circle formed around Veronica. She stared at the ceiling, no movement or expression on her face.

"Veronica?" Sweet pea said hesitantly. Suddenly, she shot up and looked around at all the startled faces.

"Ow ow ow!" She yelled holding her head and falling backwards into the sofa. We al immediately rushed to her aid, asking what was wrong and if she needed anything.

"My head hurts like a bitch," she groaned while clutching her forehead.

Betty rushed to the bathroom and retrieved a towel and Toni searched for ibuprofen.

Veronica tried to lean against the sofa, but her arm slipped and she screamed, "I remember!"

I gave her a confused look, and she looked at archie with a growing smile.

"Archikins. Remember when you told me you're little crush?" And just like that, all eyes were on archie.

"W-what? Ronnie what are you talking about." Archie nervously crossed his arms and awaited for Veronicas answer.

"When i first moved here, before we started dating, you did you had a crush on somebody else. And that is-"

"No! No I didn't have a crush, veronica. I-I never did. " Archie cut her off and it was quite obvious what Veronica was saying was the truth. But who?