Always

When Sawamura woke up, it was still morning. The sun beamed through the window right down on his face, pulling him from his slumber. The morning was cool, and goosebumps rose on his bare skin. He was cold. After searching around for the source of warmth he wanted, he realized he was alone. Miyuki was not there. 

Panic set in, as he frantically tried to find Miyuki in the cottage. He wasn't there. 

He wasn't there. 

The words rung in his head as he threw open the door, exposing himself to the brisk morning air. Miyuki paused mid slash to look towards the source of the noise. There stood a naked Sawamura, with a look of pure terror on his face. He went to him, catching him before his knees gave out.

"Hey, Sawamura, what's wrong?"

"I woke up and you- you weren't there." He took a few unsteady breaths, "you weren't there."

Miyuki picked him up and carried him back inside. 

"You're okay, just breathe." He took some cloth and wet it with some water from his canteen and pressed it to Sawamura's forehead. 

"You've been asleep for a day and a half. I was just outside training- I didn't think you'd wake up before I finished." Miyuki stroked the hair out of his face and wiped the sweat from his brow. "I'm sorry for leaving you in here alone." He pressed their foreheads together.  "I promise I won't leave you again."

"Its okay. I overreacted, Im sorry for worrying you."

"You apologize too much," he chuckled. "Also, hell of a way to find someone, don't you think?"

He looked downwards, motioning to what he was referring to. Sawamura suddenly became very aware that he was naked. His face lit up in flames, and he hid it in his hands once again.

"Oh come on, don't be so embarrassed," he said as he picked up Sawamura to lay him back down on the fur blankets. He brushed his hands along his stomach and started tickling him. Sawamura's hands fled from his face as he tried to flee the surprise attack. Laughter rang out in the cottage-- music to Miyuki's ears. Sweet, sweet music. He stopped to grab Sawamura's face in his hands.

"Don't be embarrassed. You're beautiful." 

Sawamura looked into his eyes, searching them for further explanation. 

"You stink, you know that?"

He laughed heartily, not removing himself from on top of Sawamura. "Well, I've been training for hours and I'm sweaty." He rubbed his face on him, eliciting more giggling from the man underneath him. "And now you're all sweaty, too"

"Ew! Stop it," he giggled more as Miyuki stood up and helped him stand. 

"There are some clothes for you over there. I'm going to go check on Elara again and we'll go to the pond for a bath. Sound good?"

Sawamura nodded and Miyuki placed a kiss to his forehead before disappearing out the back door. Excitement coursed through his veins. He was giddy, even. How long had it been since he was this happy? Must have been before his mother was killed, at least. He held his hands together in front of his face, silently praying for this happiness to last. 

After they bathed and ate, Sawamura took another look at Elara. It had only been three days, but her leg had almost completely healed.

"Just what kind of horse is she? I've never seen such a strain heal so fast."

"Ah, that's my girl," he ran his hands down her side, showcasing his pretty teeth in a genuine smile.

"We could probably get on the road tomorrow morning."