Mission Complete

"Why so red, Haruichi?" 

They had finally made it to the capital of Meijin Kingdom, Ikeya. As they wandered through the winding roads, passing through markets and town squares, the travelers made small talk to pass time.

"Well, you see," he looked towards Furuya, "Satoru gets a little overzealous sometimes."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he was jealous that you guys were, uh... were, uh--- well, you didn't exactly leave much to the imagination last night.  We could hear you guys really clearly. It made him also want to.." the small pink-haired man trailed off, too embarrassed to complete his sentence.

"Ah, damn, you guys too?" Kuramochi snickered over his shoulder at the younger men conversing behind him.

Sawamura blushed a deep shade of red. He hadn't realized that he had made so much noise-- and the others heard him! He couldn't believe nearly everyone in their camp got lucky last night. Miyuki should have told him he needed to keep it down; he seems to always let him embarrass himself in front of others.

Small talk ceased once they reached the castle gates. They were ushered in upon confirmation of the identities of the squadron. In the end, they found themselves waiting in a massive hall to get an audience with the Queen. Hours and hours passed, and they were still waiting. This was definitely an urgent matter so why hadn't the Queen summoned them in, yet?

Day turned to night once again, and they were told the Queen had retired for the evening. Miyuki and Sawamura slept in a guest room that had been prepared for them. The squadron had to return to their posts so it was then that they said their goodbyes, unsure of their next meeting.

When they had finally been summoned, they were surprised to approach a room full of men and women dressed in council robes.

"General of Seido's Royal Army, we are sorry to keep you waiting. The Queen is busy handling other... foreign affairs. We voted to receive you today in her stead after your friend Kuramochi delivered us some rather troubling news. Is it true? Has King Kataoka been murdered and the throne usurped?"

"Everything he told you is true."

Several gasps from the Councilors echoed in the chamber.

"And you come here seeking the boy named Yuuki Tetsuya. You claim he is the King's illegitimate son?"

"He is. His Uncle is the one who imparted this information upon me. I've never known him to be a man of lies. I've come to bring Yuuki Tetsuya back to Seido, so that the throne may once again be held by the rightful owner. Councilman Ochiai is a murderer and a traitor to our kingdom. We must put an end to his disgraceful reign."

"I see," the chief councilman said as he stroked his beard, "this is troublesome, indeed. But we cannot allow you to take Tetsuya away from Meijin. He will become the Crown King in a few short months."

"What do you mean, Councilman?" Miyuki had no clue what to make of all this. Does Tetsuya hold blood connection to two Royal families? What else could he do if Tetsuya does succeed the throne in Meijin?"

"The Queen has two daughters, and Yuuki Tetsuya will marry her eldest come autumn. The Queen is growing tired of ruling and she plans to pass her right to rule to her daughter and son-in-law after their ceremony."

Well, this certainly was not what Miyuki was expecting. He needed to speak to Yuuki directly. Who was he kidding? He needed to speak to the Queen directly.

"I need to speak to the Queen, please."

"That isn't possible at the moment. I'm sorry, but we cannot help you in your request, General."