I Care

The room was silent once more..... The only thing that could be heard was the clock ticking in the background as Olivia looks at Gabriel with shock and confusion as she furrows her eyebrows at him as she finally breaks the silence "What do you mean he sold me?....." She asked as he sighs and closes his eyes, hesitating for a bit before he answers "A week before we took you from your father..... He met up with the Los Muertos gang, one of my men was following him when they discovered this.... He put a hit out on me, he couldn't pay him since I basically sucked his money dry after I found out his little stealing stunt he pulled. He didn't have enough money.... So he sold you to them instead but with the illusion from the gang members that you'll only be doing small jobs. But those fuckers.... They'll just treat you like their little fuck toy.... I never trust small time gangs like that." His anger slowly start to rise at the thought. Olivia's jaw drop a bit as she shakes her head "No.... No..... H-he didn't..... He wouldn't!" She glares at him before she shouts "YOU'RE LYING!" He glares "Now why the hell would I lie about something like that!? I lie about many fucking things, but I'll never lie about something serious like that! I'm a criminal, I killed people, sold drugs, and did some other forms of terrorism, but I'd slit my wrist than to rape a young female! Knowing that if they got to you , they would have raped and killed you, Olivia! I took you from your father for your safety because I CARE!" He yells before she froze up from what he just said "Y-you..... Care?....." He stares at her for a bit before he sighs and calms down a bit, looking at the ground with his eyes before he looks at her "I've.... Been watching you grow up from afar, Olivia..... I was there when your mother gave birth and.... Died a few minutes after she gave birth to you...." He says as she looks down with a frown. Even though she already knew this information, she always wanted to know what her mother was like. She looks at him "So, you've been stalking me?" She ask with a glare as he sighs while rubbing his chin "Stalking is such a strong word.... More so, watching over you.... From a distance...." He says as he now thinks about for a bit before he sighs again "Ok, that does sound a bit stalker-ish, but I promise its mot for any unethical or inappropriate reasons. I just made sure you was safe. I started doing it after I found out what your father did so he wouldn't do anything bad to you...." She rolls her eyes "Yeaaaa, yet you kidnapped me, punched me, and throw me into dirty cellars. How do I even know you're not lying?" He lifts up his fingers, counting them "One, why you bringing up old shit? Two, you punched me first, we're even, and three..... Señor Sleepy Bear..." He looks at her saying the last thing with deeper meaning as she widens her eyes.

FLASHBACK: 11 Years Ago, Christmas Eve

Young Olivia and her father was walking hand in hand as she was skipping around trying not to step on the cracks as her father was smiling fondly at her. They go past a toy store as Olivia was looking at the toys through the window. Nothing caught her eye, until she passed up this one toy, the new toy that just came out: Señor Sleepy Bear! She gasp and tugs on her father sleeve "PAPA! PAPA! I WANT THAT FOR CHRISTMAS!" She points to the bear as he looks at it and raise an eyebrow at it "You want that?" He ask as she furiously nods before he sighs "Well.... I can't.... Money is tight and that toy is just a bit too expensive for Papa to get it" He lied, knowing he has a secret stash in his house. She pouts and begs "Pleeease! I'll help pay for it!" He rolls his eyes and gives her a stern look "I said no and that's final!" She looks at him and frowns as they walk past the store. But then a ominous figure was watching from a black van as a young Gabriel glares, hearing the whole conversation "Fucking lying son of a bitch.... Can't even spare some change for your own child.... Pathetic...." He thinks for a bit before he gets out of the car and walks into the store.

CHRISTMAS DAY

Olivia wakes up as she sits up and yawns as she gets out of bed and walls downstairs. She sees the many presents and sighs, pouting a bit, even if she got everything, it won't be what she wanted the most and with that, she won't be as happy. She goes and opens all the presents, getting some really cool dolls, clothes, shoes, you name it, but all she wanted was the bear. Her father sees her sad expression on her face as he glares a bit "Hey! You should be grateful about this! I bust my ass out here to get you the toys you want, food on your plate, clothes on your back, and a roof over your head! So wipe that frown off your face!" He takes a gulps of his beer as he looks at her a bit annoyed. Suddenly there was a knock on the door as he sighs and stands up "Im coming!" He ooens the door and sees that theres a present that reads "For Olivia~" He skeptically looks at it before he looks around and picks it up. She sees the present walks up "What is it Papa? Is it for you?" She aks as he shake his head "No.... Its for you...." He gives it to her as she raise an eyebrow and opens it before she lets out a gasp, before she squeals with joy and picks up the bear "SEÑOR SLEEPY BEAR! YOU GOT IT!" She jumps up and down hugging it as he stares in shock "U-uh.... I.... Yes?...." He sighs and looks at her "Honey, we don't know where that bear could have came from. Its dangerous to just pick up random things" He goes to take it but then she moves away "No! Santa brought it here! He read my letter and got me the bear!" She says as she hugs him and happily runs to her room "Thanks Santa!" Her father sighs and shrugs "Whatever gets her off my back about it...." He sits back on his recliner as he enjoys his beer. Meanwhile in the distance Gabriel watched and heard the whole thing as he rolls his eyes "You never change Rico...." He looks at Olivias window as he sees her playing with her bear and smiles warmly "Feliz Navidad, Olivia....." He then gets in his car and drives off.

Awwww so sweet! Like and vote!