chapter eight

*there might be grammar mistakes*
___

"Normani, please, answer me. I promise I will explain everything to you. Just please..." Dinah wiped another tear that rolled down her cheek before she spoke again. "I love you, Normani." With that said, she hung up the phone, and leaned her head back against the wall.

Everything had happened so fast. Yesterday they were fine. They were happy. They were...in love. But just like a flick of a light switch, it all ended. That happiness, that love...it was gone.

And Dinah wasn't sure if it was ever coming back.

Two Days Ago..

"Hey, have you guys seen Mani by any chance?" Kehlani made a motor-like sound with her lips before giving the Polynesian girl a shrug. "Damn, D, we don't watch her 24/7. You have a phone, can't you text her?"

Ally rolled her eyes and slightly punched the tatted girl in the arm, causing Kehlani to wince a little. "Ignore her, she's upset that she failed her Chem test." Kehlani glared at Ally before getting up from her seat and storming off to God knows where. "I think she went somewhere with Arin." Ally spoke again, running her hands through her hair. "She said something about...studying? I don't know. You might want to text her, though." Ally shrugged her shoulders.

The minute Dinah heard that name, she knew how familiar it had sounded. She mouthed the name a few times, trying to remember where she's heard it. Then, that was when it clicked. Dinah remembered Ryan telling her about how Liam was talking to someone with the same name. "Wait, Ally, did you say Arin?" The petite Latina nodded her head before getting up from her seat, bringing her backpack back around her shoulders, and tossing her unfinished fruit cup into the garbage.

"Yeah. Mani and Arin used to go way back, they were close as hell until he moved without telling her. And now..I guess he just popped up out of the blue," Ally pulled some of her hair that was tucked underneath the straps of her bag. "He's a really nice guy, though. You shouldn't have to worry about anything." She looked around the schools campus to see if she could spot Kehlani anywhere, and when she didn't, she huffed. "I should probably go find Kehlani. I'll see you around, D."

Just as Ally went to walk away, she was called back by Dinah. "You don't happen to know where this Arin kid lives....do you?"

___

"Can you tell me what we're doing here, exactly?" Normani looked around at all the trees that surrounded her and Arin, wrapping her arms around herself when she felt a cold breeze of wind go in her direction. From what she was told, the two were supposed to be studying for an upcoming Calculus test, but from what Normani could tell, studying was the last thing that was going to happen.

Arin softly chuckled as he raised his eyebrows, finally looking up from his phone, and at the ebony. "You really don't remember this place, do you?" Normani looked around a little more, trying her best to remember whatever it was the older boy wanted to remember, but nothing came to mind.  "Nope. But I do know it's cold as fuck—Arin, why are we even here?" 

"This was our secret spot, Normani. Wow, and here I was thinking you would remember." He meant to have it come out jokingly, but by the tone of his voice, it was clear that he was hurt she didn't remember. "No way," Normani let out a small laugh. "I— are you sure? I could have sworn it was much more...greener than this." She gestured her hands to the brown leaves that were scattered around them. "It's been years, Kordei. Of course it's not going to be beautiful." Arin chuckled a little, before looking around some more. "This brings back so many memories. Like....." he paused himself, smiling over at her for a quick second. "...the time we kissed."