Chapter Eight

*Mikey* 

I sat next to her, so delighted that she was awake. She had been out for a few hours since her panic attack, and her having cancer didn't help any that it happened. It just ended up making it a whole lot worse. She wouldn't tell me why she panicked and got so nervous. I wish she wouldn't keep it a secret from me. I wanted to be there to help her, and make sure she was alright. I just want her to feel comfortable enough to tell me whatever. I was sure that I was going to get it out of her though. 

"We were going to hang out tomorrow before you leave the next day." She said, looking down. I rubbed my thumb over her hand softly, watching as her smile from seeing me next to her changed to a sad look. Her eyes became dull, and I leaned up and kissed her forehead. 

"It's okay. Maybe we can still go to the beach tomorrow." I side smiled, and I felt her tense up. That's when it hit me. That's why she freaked out. "Rose I need you to tell me something." She nodded her head, telling me to go on, so I did. "Was me wanting to take you to the beach the reason you had your panic attack?" She looked into my eyes, and I could see how it changed to something I couldn't read. 

"In all honesty? Yes that was the reason." I didn't understand what I was hearing. So it was all my fault that we almost lost her. "I got freaked out Mikey. The beach means bathing suits and I just, I don't want you to see my body and it is way to hot to wear jeans or something. I can't do that in front of you. I am so insecure about my body and I don't want you to see it. I have so many scars and marks and just so many things on my body from this disease and I don't want you to see them. I'm ashamed. I'm ugly Mikey. I don't want you to see." 

When I heard this, my heart dropped to my stomach. But without even thinking, I started speaking. "You are gorgeous. I can compare you to a beautiful Rose. You have so much beauty inside and out that I cannot comprehend why you would ever think about yourself that way. You are amazing, sweet, funny, smart and I could just keep going if you needed me to. I care about you so much and every scar on your body defines how much pain you have gone through and that you are a survivor of what god is putting you through. The reason he is doing this is because he wants to test you. He knows you are strong and you know you are too. You can get through this and every mark and every scar is just something to remind you that you survived cancer. And when you do I will be here to tell you exactly what I just did. You are beautiful in every way and I never want you to think differently of yourself." She looked at me, and then I realized that she had tears down her cheeks. I wiped them off with my thumb, and leaned up and kissed her forehead one more time. She is amazing, and she needs to know that. Every scar, every mark, everything just shows how strong she truly is. And she needs to know that. And forever remember it.