Chapter Thirteen

*Mikey* 

I missed her so much. I didn't think it was possible for me to miss someone like I had missed Rose. She was one of the best things that has happened to me, even though it isn't in a romantic way, I still feel like she is the best thing in my life. She completes me, and when I am with her, it seems like nothing else is there. Nothing else matters. I love her. 

When I put her down from our hug, she just stared at me. I stared back, into her dull eyes, that seemed to be even worse then usual, and in that moment I knew that something was wrong. 

"Rose? What's going on? I know something is wrong." I grabbed her hand, not breaking eye contact with her. But that's when she looked the other way, her cold fingers slipping from my grasp. 

"Can we talk some place else?" She asked, her arms crossed over her chest. I brought my hand up to her cheek, turning her head to face me gently, and then shook my head. She huffed, and started to speak, and the words that were about to come out of her mouth stunned me more then I could have ever imagined. 

"It is getting worse Mikey. I'm not getting better and what is happening proves that I am never going to. The other day something happened. I started bleeding. My nose and from my mouth. I'm sorry but I'm not going to get better." My hand fell from her face, and to my side. I stood there, looking at her. Taking in every bit of her as long as I could before this moment was over. This isn't going to happen. This can't happen. There is no way that I could loose Rose. I wouldn't be able to handle it. 

"Mikey. Say something. Please." 

My mouth wouldn't move, along with the rest of my body. Although I was thinking of so much to say, so many things to say in this moment, I couldn't form a word. I couldn't find anything in my brain to make me speak. 

"Please." I couldn't stand here anymore, and without even thinking, I walked away. Not another word to Rose, I walked away and got on my phone, tracking my mom down. Once we found each other, I got in her car without speaking one word. I sat back, putting my hands over my eyes and taking a deep breath. This cannot be happening.