Chapter 19

I met a boy online who I fell in love with and right now I am picking him up from the airport To meet him for the first time

~~

I was in the middle of a make out session with Frank but my mind just kept drifting off. I pulled away and Frank looked down at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Is there something going on between you and Jamia?" I asked and he frowned in confusion. "Like, you know, did something happen between you two or—"

"Wait," Frank interrupted. "Are you asking if we had a sexual interaction? Gerard, she's fucking sixteen years old, I—"

"No," I said, quickly stopping him. "I didn't mean it like that, I know you wouldn't date anyone that young. I meant did you two have some sort of tension? You were acting so weird at dinner tonight and then you two started fighting."

"I don't know what it is," he sighed, laying back on the bed. "I just got really upset when I heard she dropped out of high school. I just want better for her. I just...She's like a little sister to me or like a daughter."

"And you're upset that she's not going to go as far now that she's a dropout?" I asked and he nodded.

"I want her to be successful, I want the best for her," he said. "It's the same way I feel with Bandit."

"What was the argument about?" I asked.

"Just about her dropping out and how she shouldn't have done that," he said. "And then she got upset and said I couldn't tell her what to do with her life. It was just a mess, honestly."

I kissed his cheek. "It's nice that you worry about her."

It was quiet before I started giggling.

"I can't believe you thought I would think you were having an affair with her," I laughed.

"Oh come on, you were heavily implying it," he said. "That's so gross and definitely illegal, she's just a kid."

"I think she does still have a little bit of a crush on you," I said. "It's cute, though. It's a little schoolgirl crush."

Frank looked down at me, smiling softly.

"I got a little crush on you," he said.

I giggled and leaned up to press my lips against his. He pushed me back against the mattress and I whimpered, tangling my hands into his hair.

"Wait, wait, remember the rule?" I asked.

Frank sighed and pulled away, kissing my cheek.

"But I don't want you to put a divide between you and Jamia," I said. "I'm glad we had her over and I got to talk to her more, she really is a great girl. And she really does need you, all her friends ditched her when she got pregnant and her parents argue all the time and her sister is always busy. She really does need you."

"I know, I'm not trying to push her away," Frank said. "I didn't mean to get upset with her. I promise, I made it up and we're okay."

"And, well, maybe she can come over when Bandit isn't asleep," I said.

"Are you serious?" Frank asked, propping himself up on one elbow to look down at me.

"Yeah, I mean, Bandit's already almost four months old, she probably won't be able to recognize Jamia as her mother," I said. "If she does I may cry and take Bandit to run away but--"

"Even if she does recognize Jamia, it doesn't mean that she's just going to push you away," Frank interrupted. "Yeah, Bandit may know that Jamia is her mom but she also knows that you're her dad. She loves you so much and she isn't going to push you away just because she recognizes Jamia as her mom."