Part 17 - Day Seven - 1/2

I hope you guys enjoy the length of this one!! The next one will probably be around the same.
Day seven; Thursday

Today was the day of the Math Team's trip to New York City. Last night I had lazily thrown some things into my (f/c) backpack - my wallet, phone charger, earbuds, chapstick, sunglasses, (whatever else you think is essential) - and made sure to make my alarm a bit earlier than usual as both Peter and I had to shower.
Peter.

Our lunch table had been painfully quiet yesterday during our break. It wasn't even just Peter and I, either. Ned was silent, too. I had seen them looking intensely at each other before I had arrived and then when I sat down, they hushed each other and plastered fake smiles on their faces. I had given them a 'seriously' look and shook my head before eating a bit of my apple and then throwing the rest out.

The hot water felt nice on my tired body and I ran some shampoo through my hair. My fingers felt nice on my scalp and I began to feel my fatigue wash away. The soap was silky against my skin and, feeling daring, I grabbed my razor from the in-shower shelf before running it along my legs. I took care as to not cut myself. I didn't need another scar on my body.

I ran my fingers up and down the knife marks on my forearms, feeling the raised wounds where the point had sliced into my once smooth skin. I looked down at them through my lashes, remembered how the doctors said I was lucky to be alive. I hadn't believed them. I had gone through their minds. That was a line they used on everyone who had tried to commit, and just wanted me to be scared enough not to do it again.

I remembered the pitying look the therapist gave me every time I went to an appointment, and my longing to be back at home with Peter and May. How I was always so relieved in May's arms when I came back to the apartment completely drained mentally.

The water growing cool on my body, shaking me back to reality. I hurried out of the shower before I turned off the water and dried off, ran product through my hair. I wrapped a towel around my body before I heard a knock on the door.

"I'll be right out!" I called. I ran over the door before I twisted the doorknob.

"Wait-"

It was too late. I yanked open the door to reveal Peter standing there with his pajamas still on. My eyes widened and I pulled the towel tighter around my body. I felt my face heat up and watched as Peter's did the same.

"S-sorry," Peter muttered.

"Excuse me," I mumbled and pushed passed Peter to my room. I immediately closed the door and stood there for a good few minutes before I did anything. There was no dress code for the trip so I just threw on something comfortable and some running shoes as we would be wandering around the city. I applied some light mascara and some blush and then made my way to the kitchen.

May was busy at the sink washing some dishes and her face lit up once she saw me.

"Morning, (Y/N)," she smiled at me. "Ready for the Big Apple?"

"I've been there before, May," I laughed and shook my head.

"I know, but it's been awhile." She defended with a chuckle. "I made a five-star meal of toast and orange juice so help yourself."

I smiled my thanks before I grabbed some toast and sat on the counter. I crunched into my food and chatted with May for a couple of minutes.

"Mrs. Leeds is picking us up," I told the older woman as I swallowed.  "She'll be here in a few minutes."

"Sounds good," May said with a thumbs up. "Why don't you get off of my counter and tell Pete to hurry up?"

I blinked. "Right now?"