chapter 8

Benny pov
She ran. I'm so stupid I shouldn't have let my words just slip. I couldn't help it. Every single thing I said was true. I really am in love with her.

All the boys eventually woke up and I told them to go home. Ham asked why and I told them that we are gonna take the day off and rest. They agreed and left.

I eventually got up, I grabbed my things and Dottie's and climbed down the tree house making sure to lock it. Dottie hated when we didn't lock it.

I walked home looking at Dottie's house wondering if I should walk over and drop her stuff off. Now probably isn't the best time.

I opened my door and walked in. My mom was shocked to see me at 11:46 in the morning on any day.

"What are you doing here at,11:46 in the morning. Are you sick, did you break something" She was frantically checking me for a fever or if any of my bones were broke.

"No mami we took the day off today" I said pushing her arm away

"Oh gosh your dying that's it I'm taking you to the hospital" she said looking for her keys

"Me and Dottie got int-" I was cut off by a slap to the back of the head

"Ow mami why did you do that"

"What did you do to her" She yelled

It's nice to know that my mother loves me

"I don't know that's the problem"

"Well of course you don't, your a guy, you never know what you did wrong" she scoffed

I ignored her comment and went upstairs to my room. I slammed the door in frustration. I fell on the bed and sighed dramatically. I looked at my bed side table. I looked at a picture of Dottie and I.

Our families had been having a dinner together that night. One way or another we both fell asleep and our mothers took picture. You know how mom's can be.

I framed it and put it on my bed side. It was my favorite picture of her and I. I have a good amount hanging in my room.

There was no point in holding anything in anymore.I started crying.

2 hours later

I was in and out of crying. Most people would feel pathetic but I just feel sad.

A knock came at my door.

"Benny honey can I come in"

It was Dottie's mom. I wasn't going to argue with a pregnant lady because that's scary. So I let her in.

"Come here honey" she said as she Sat me down on my bed.

"What's the matter"

"I don't know what I did"

"I know you don't it's a guy thing"

"Why is she mad at me"

"She's not, she's just scared"She explained while rubbing my back

"Dottie isn't scared of anything, except spiders I know from experience" I shuddered

"What are you talking about" she laughed

I was not excited to tell this story.

"This one time we were in my room, and she was looking in my closet for a hoddie, more specifically her favorite one. She saw this ball of cotton and she thought it was a spider. She let out a really loud scream and ran and jumped on me and without trying she kicked me in the......yeah you know. I can't go on" I said not want to relive the thought.

"Anyway back on track"

"She's scared Benny. She's hasn't had the best experience with guys. Remember Joeseph Deacons."

"Yeah I was suspened for 2 weeks.I couldn't play baseball for 1 week either."

"Weston Renee"

"Another 2 weeks"

"And that bully Harley Mcnassey"

"That one was 3 weeks"

"And that idiot Phillips kid"

"I would do anything to get one swing at that kid"

"Benny, she doesn't get father daughter time. The way her father treats her is the way that she thinks all men are going to treat her"

"You're the best thing that she's ever had. She needs you more than she wants to say. I'll have to admit, my daughter has a big ego and is really stubborn" she admitted

"You're not the only one that thinks that" I chuckled

"She really is in love with you"

I stayed silent and smiled

"I remember that night"

"What?" I asked confused

She then picked up the picture of Dottie and I.

"When your mother and I saw you guys cuddling, we started making wedding invitations."

"Really?" I wasn't sure if she was serious but by the looks of it she wasn't.

"Go talk to her" She smiled

"How did you even know that anything was happening" I asked

"Dottie told me what happened. Then your mom and I came up with a battle plan" she said

I laughed and started gathering Dottie's things and one of my hoodies, her favorite one. I walked over to her house with Mom and we opened the door and walked to her room.

When we got there I was pulled in to Dottie's room. I saw my princess. Her hair was all over, little pieces stuck to her face. Her face was red and her little button nose was swollen. Her baby blues were now crystal blue. No matter what, my princess still looks beautiful.

"Hi"

"Hey"

Hey guys I know I'm lazy and my updating game is awful but hope you guys like it. Love ya ❤❤