- E I G H T E E N -

"Of course he knows, you idiot!" Dark yelled, throwing his apartment door open with you following closely behind him.

"Dark, is there something that you're not telling me?" You asked, closing the door behind you as Dark stomped into the kitchen. He reached into one of the cupboards and grabbed several tea bags.

"Dark, what are you-"

"I'm making us some tea. Meet me in the living room." He demanded, a ringing sound coming in contact with your hearing. Taking the hint, you quickly walked into the living room, making yourself awkwardly comfortable on the couch.

You hated when Dark got mad. When he did, he was completely unpredictable. Sure, he was a foreign entity, but anyone can control their anger if they really wanted to. From that article you read today, you were now convinced that parallel's didn't get human qualities over time. Not with this egotistical jerk.

He came into the living room shortly after his outburst, a neutral look on his face and two mugs in his hands. You gladly took a cup and drank some, wanting to feel the warmth of the liquids before Dark spoke. His words weren't friendly, and didn't tend to make you feel 'warm'.

You sat there, staring at your cup, watching the substance swirl around inside of its confinement. You sighed, now in your own thoughts for a moment. You realized how trapped this liquid really was. It was being treated as a solid. The profound thought you had was ridiculous, and quite frankly over dramatic, but you weren't necessarily feeling peachy.

"(Y/n)."

The solemn way that Dark said your name startled you. You looked up at him, fear on your face.

"...Ask me something."

You sat there, shocked at his request.

"You.. What?"

"I want you to ask me something. Anything." He asked gently, keeping his head towards the ground.

Yes, he was feeling the regrets of getting angry at you, and he wished that he could take it back. This was his repayment, in a way. Though, he wondered why he felt like he owed you?

You were constantly so understanding of him, and cared for him as if he was a human being walking along side you. He wondered why you would give him this sort of behavior, but your past words always answered that question for him.

"But it's a beautiful thing once you find those around you that truly understand you and care."

You were right. It was a beautiful thing.

You set down your cup and wiped the condensation off of your hands and onto your jeans.

"What happens to the person who's body is taken over?" You asked.

In the back of your mind, you were constantly worried about Mark. What was happening to him as Dark stood before you? Was he hurt? Asleep?

"They fall into a trance. Kind of like a long slumber, but they may awaken at some points in time if they're strong enough." He answered.

"Would Mark ever be able to return on his own?" You asked, throwing Dark off guard.

Your question hurt him, something that he hasn't genuinely felt for a while. Why did your simple question make him feel uncomfortable to answer?

Regardless of how he felt, he told you to ask anything, so he had this coming. But it was a welcome distraction for the moment. Dark and Jack had history, and Dark didn't wish to repeat any of it. The Irishman constantly invaded his thoughts, so he wanted a change of pace for a while.