- T W E N T Y ; E I G H T -

Dark opened the door quietly, not wanting to scare you. He saw you sitting on a lone chair that was stationed in front of several televisions, but the power on all of them were off, leaving only the moonlight from the windows nearby to give the room any light.

Your heavy sobs truly did concern him - not because he was worried about your emotions - but because this wasn't like you. You should be shouting at him, or screaming to tell him that what he made you do was wrong.

He allowed his hand to extend towards you.

"(Y/N)-"

Before he could even continue his sentence, you jumped up out of the chair and moved back towards the televisions behind you. You lifted up your finger and pointed it at him, your face full of disgust and anger.

"Don't you even try to touch me." You said, tears still staining your face.

He retracted his hand as he held back a smirk. You were still yourself, to his relief.

As the silence between the two of you thickened, you took that moment to drop your eyes from him, his figure ominous and frustrating.

When you looked at him, all you could be reminded of was the deaths that occurred around you. Anytime something happened to someone around you, he was always somehow involved. It made you nervous for the future, and it left you with only one option:

"Take me back to my apartment." You demanded, still keeping your distance from the entity.

Dark was confused at your request, so he prepared himself to ask you some questions.

"Why would you-"

"Take. Me. Back!" You shouted, more tears rolling down your face as you repeated your resolution.

Dark was beyond frustrated at your request, but by seeing your distraught behavior, he agreed by telling you to follow him as he led you back to televisions in the other room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stopped at the door to your apartment, a variety of emotions coursing through your veins: anger, sadness, frustration, envy - you had avoided eye contact with Dark as much as you could. These emotions always seemed to flare up when you even glanced his way, and you knew why.

Your life was no longer going to be normal. You would forever live with this guilt and regret in the back of your mind, and you hated that fact. You knew that you could never do anything about it, which was the most frustrating part. But there was another thing that irritated you:

You couldn't imagine your life without Dark by your side.

Not because you necessarily loved him, but he felt like a safety blanket to you. He would always be there to protect you from the way that he was acting towards you. You wanted to be independent, but after this incident, you didn't know if you could be on your own again.

Summoning your courage, you opened up the door to your apartment and walked in. You glanced over your shoulder to look at Dark, who seemed calm and composed. You sighed, laying your hand on the door's edge.

"Goodbye, Dark." You said solemnly.

You went to shut the door, but his hand stopped the motion.

"...What?" You asked, irritated. You didn't want to talk to him - let alone see him.

"You can't just do that." He said, anger hidden underneath his words.

After all he did for you, you weren't even going to thank him? He sacrificed a lot for you. Of course, it was his choice, but he figured that you would at least be grateful.