[Preview]

This was her moment.

She knew she was getting out as soon as she had gotten into it, but despite the warnings, she hadn't reasoned judiciously. 

In the name of fulfilling her fantasy she had stirred a blunder, and while she was swirling down in the abyss, it distressed her to know that she had muddled the lives of everyone related to her.

She turned around, casting one last glance at the place that was once her home, but now stood as hollow walls, as empty as her own soul.

She turned her back to the fate she had chosen, and the second she stepped out of the room, she was met with the only person she had begun to find solace in.

"Need help?" She heard her ask after taking in her state, and tersely, she shook her head.

She wasn't being judged, nor questioned, but like always, this girl was offering her a supportive hand.

Despite her refusal, she helped her with the bags and once they were out of the door, she smiled halfheartedly.

"Thank you," she uttered, not just for this gesture but for everything that she had done for her during her short but gruesome stay.

"I wish things hadn't come down to this," she replied instead.

Even before she could deny her sympathies, she heard a loud honk and turned to find her brother's car enter the narrow lane, only to smoothly halt before them.

He didn't look her way, but instead, grimly shoved the suitcases inside the boot of his car.

After finishing the job, he came to stand beside his sister and if she wasn't this submerged in her grief, she would have realized that standing between them, she was not the only one going through a heartbreak.

No glances were exchanged this time, but both of them wore the same expressions.

Her gaze following the siblings as they walked to the car, she waved her goodbye. But along with it, she also bid adieu to the short but irrelevant future she had once promised to never dream.

Since the tapering road didn't allow him to turn the vehicle, he simply drove in reverse while she stood by the gate and gazed ahead, the distance between them growing to a point she couldn't see anything anymore.