Our story (6)

Riya - The truth is when you and Avni were in relation, Mithali approached her and told about Danish's proposal. Avni denied his proposal.

Neil - Why she didn't told me about this ? ( shocked )

Riya - Cos she didn't wanted to bother you stupid. You were already tensed due to exams and she didn't wanted to increase your tensions.

Neil was numb for a second and was able to connect some dots.

Riya - One day even Danish asked her for a relationship but she denied.

Neil's heartbeats were increasing as the truth was unveiling.

Riya - I still remember that day when  we all were playing. Danish came and held Avni's hand, she jerked his hand and confronted him. After that Danish maintained distance from her.

Neil's lips were quivering, he wasn't knowing how to react. He was suppressed in so much guilt.

Riya - That day Avni decided to tell you about all this mess but you broke up with her and till now we don't know why you broke up with her.

Neil's eyes turned glassy and he wasn't able to say a word. All he was doing was listening.

Riya - Why you broke up with her Neil ?

Now he wasn't able to stop his tears. Tears were paving their way from his eyes and his voice choked as he was feeling suffocated with guilt and regret.

Riya became worried after seeing his condition.

Riya - Neil what happened ? Why are you crying ? ( shocked )

Neil - Riya I....I.... don't deserve her. ( choked voice )

Riya - Neil but...

Neil got up and left from there. Riya ran behind him in order to calm him down but he asked her to leave him alone and she did that.

Few months were passed in guilt, Neil was so much guilty that he wasn't even  knowing how to apologise to Avni. Even Avni have noticed him becoming that silent soul again but wasn't knowing the reason behind his sudden silence. She even asked Anish about the same but he wasn't aware of his inner turmoil. Riya knew that the truth have affected him but why was he this much affected and on top of that what was the reason of their breakup. She didn't told all this to Avni but she was worried for Neil.

Soon pre- boards started and everyone was busy with the preparation. Neil used to face  problems in some topics and badly needed Avni's help.

He wanted to apologise to her and with every passing minute his guilt  was increasing but at the same time he wanted to focus on his exams as well. His life was turned into a complete mess and the only person who can drag him out of this mess was Avni.

He tried to calm himself and diverted his attention towards exams. Everyday he used to reach school early for getting a glimpse of Avni as her calm face always motivate him. After gazing her for good 10 minutes he used to leave  for the examination hall.

The pre-boards came to an end and farewell was organised for class 12th. The dress code for the event was ethnic. Every student of class 12th was very excited expect Neil. He didn't wanted to attend the farewell and he told about this to Anish when they came to school for collecting roll number clips for board examination. Fortunately, Avni listened to their conversation as she was passing from there. She was shocked, the boy who used to enjoy each and every moment of life have transformed into a silent soul who just don't give a dam about these little jovial phases, little did she knew that he is stuck in this emotional mess and only she can help him in this phase.