Our story (7)

Neil - Won't you forgive your stupid Neil ? ( broken voice )

Now, Avni wasn't able to stop her tears. She was crying bitterly while he felt bad after seeing her tears. Her tears were always his weakness and today also he was cursing himself for giving this pain to his Avni.

He fell on his knees and held Avni's hand. Avni was shocked with his action and actioned him to get up but he nodded negatively.

Neil - I don't know whom to blame Avni. I don't know. Was that immaturity which provoked me to take this wrong decision ? Or my oversized ego which always kept me away from you ? I am guilty ( tears coming out from his eyes ) guilty for giving you this pain. I loved you, I love you and I will always love you from my heart and soul but my ego dominated that love and I ended up hurting both of us. In all these years, I have undergone the same pain of separation just like you. I doubted my love, I trusted everyone else over her, I did wrong with her. I know, I don't deserve you anymore. But please give me my Avni back. My life have become a mess without you. I am not having that friend who used to be my listening board, with whom I can be myself. I want her back. Please forgive me Avni. Please. ( crying bitterly ).

Avni couldn't take this anymore, she knelt down and took him in a bone crushing hug. He hugged her back with all the love he have for her and they both cried their heart out, the tears which they were suppressing since all these years finally came out as they found their perfect partner.

After few minutes, Avni broke the hug and looked at Neil. She wiped his tears while he wiped her tears lovingly.

Avni - I know we both have suffered Neil and our feelings are still the same but .... but .... with passage of time things have become awkward between us. Please don't take me wrong, I don't trust you now. ( teary eyes )

Neil - I don't want it that easily Avni, I want to earn your trust again Avni. I want one chance. I won't let you down this time.

Avni - I am ready to give you a chance Neil but I am afraid that you will again break my heart.

Neil - I won't, I know you are finding it hard to trust me again but please Avni please give me one chance.

Avni - You know I love you and I will always love you. You are my first and the last love still you broke up. I ....I.... ( stammering ) I don't even know why you broke up with me.

Neil - I always curse myself for that day Avni. ( crying ) I doubted your love for me though I knew how pure your love is,  still I...I.... committed that blunder. Hit me Avni, why are you so polite with me even after knowing that I judged you.

He took her hand and started hitting his face with her hand. Avni was shocked and jerked away her hand from his grip. She held his shoulders and shook him.

Avni - Are you mad Neil ? What's wrong with you ? ( cups his face )

Neil - I need you. I need you the most. ( crying )

Avni - Why you broke up with me ? ( broken voice ) When you love me like a maniac then why you did that ?

Neil - You will hate me if I will tell you   the reason and I can't take your hate Avni. ( teary eyes )

Avni - I won't. ( held his hands )

Neil - You will, I won't tell you cos I can't afford your hate now. Please Avni . ( crying )

Avni - Neil trust me, I won't hate you even after knowing the reason. I can't hate you stupid cos my love won't allow me to do that. Come on tell me.

Neil bowed his head down.

Avni - For improving our present we need to sort out our past issues Neil. For a new start we have to end that painful past.