five

gwilym's pov

something strange is happening. ben and joe were acting so close and suddenly.. they just stopped. i could tell they had a hard time being separated but i have no idea why. rami seems to be hiding something too. i don't want to pry.. i mean it's not really my business, it could be something serious. but we are friends after all and i don't want to be kept out of this. i mean.. do they hate me or something? i'm one of them too. i mean i think i'm trustworthy.. maybe even more than rami. he can be quite the blabber mouth. i don't want to upset anyone but my curiosity is growing every day. i see the way ben looks at joe, almost worriedly. his old hungry gaze disappeared into something more concerned. i hope joe's okay. his gaze towards ben is almost the same but more upset. it pains me to see them this hurt. by what? i don't know. i wish i could know but would it be rude to ask? i decide i should ask rami first since he seems to be in on it.
"hey is everything okay with ben and joey?" i ask a resting rami. he looks at me, sweat dripping down his neck.
"i'm not sure. they've been having some problems. it's just some drama i guess, i'm sure it'll pass" rami says leaning his head back on the brick wall behind him.
"well okay.. do you think i could help them out? i just don't want to be rude about it" i say scratching my head. rami smiles lightly.
"i mean i guess but i'm just warning you, they might not be too open about it" rami says. i nod and rami goes back to leaning in the shade. i walk over to ben and joe, both sitting a few feet apart. ben's eyes follow me as i step in front of joe. he looks up at me, a frown plastered on his face.
"hey, joey. how ya doin?" i ask. joe shrugs.
"alright i guess. how about you?"
"i'm okay. hey can i talk to you for a second?" joe nods.
"sure. is everything okay?" joey asks. i pull him to the side. ben eyes us cautiously.
"look, i've been noticing you and ben have been acting tense recently and i just wanted to let you know that i'm able to help. if you need me" i say. joe looks at the floor nervously.
"thanks, gwil.. i just.. i don't know it's hard to explain. did you talk to rami?" joe says. i nod.
"yeah he didn't tell me much except you and ben have been having some problems. i mean we're all friends here and i wanna be kept in the swing of things" i say. joe sighs.
"yeah i guess you do deserve to. i mean.. we are friends. it would be kind of rude not to tell you anything but it's mostly for our safety you know?" joe says. i furrow my brows at him.
"safety?" i ask. joe nods slowly.
"yeah.. look, gwilym. i have to tell you something. it's really important and difficult to explain but i'm just saying, it's what you asked for," i nod, "ben and i are in a relationship" joe says. i tilt my head in confusion.
"relationship?" i ask. joe nods. are they... no that's impossible. they know it's illegal.
"ben and i are together and nothing can pull us apart. rami talked to us cause he noticed ben's flirting with me and wanted us to lay low.. you know? to be careful so we don't get in trouble" joe says, his voice breaking. he's clearly scared. i sigh. i really wasn't expecting this. my friends to be breaking the law? i know only one way to help them. to save them from suffering... i have to turn them in.
"joey.. you're so brave. thank you for telling me" i pull him into a hug. he hugs back. he pulls away tears pricking his eyes.
"please don't tell anyone anything, gwilym. it'll help us so much if you don't say anything. we just want to live our lives as before but we find happiness and love in each other. i hope you can understand that, gwil" joe tells me. i nod. if only he knew how happy i'll make him. by getting rid of his homosexual tendencies, he'll be safe forever. as safe as he was before.

****

a/n: dun dun duuuunnn!! yes, gwilym's the bad guy.. i'm so excited to see where this goes. i hope you're liking it so far! my babies are at the sag awards! i love them so much 💓

 i hope you're liking it so far! my babies are at the sag awards! i love them so much 💓

thanks for reading!! ily! 💘