- Chapter 31 -

Justin's pov:

I quickly make my way to the bathroom and then burst in, immediately seeing Ryan sitting on the floor alone. He has a bunch of paper towels up to his nose and he's crying. He hears me come in and he looks up.

"Ryan, i'm so sorry." I say, feeling a lump in my throat. I feel like this is all my fault. I get closer to him and kneel down in front of him.

"I-i don't get it." He chokes out, still having the paper towel to his nose.

"Me either. I've never seen him so angry." I say quietly and he doesn't answer. He tries to stop crying and I just look at him. I feel terrible. "Please, stop crying." I plead.

He slows down his breathing and I carefully take his hand, lowering in the paper towel from his nose. He lets me do what I want, just looking at me. I take a look at his nose and it looks broken. I sigh and then notice it's still bleeding.

"Does it hurt?" I ask, you putting the paper towel back up to his nose.

"A little, the pain has gotten better." He says, wiping his tears away.

"I will make sure he doesn't lay a hand on you anymore. I didn't think he would do that today after what happened yesterday. But he's genuinely mad." I tell him.

"I'm already beat up, what's a little more." He shrugs. I shake my head.

"You know what, why don't we get out of here and i'll drive your car home. I'm mad at Raegan right now and I cannot believe he would go as far as to try to bust your whole face open." I put my hand on my forehead. I take a deep breathe and he speaks.

"No, I-i don't want him to be anymore mad then he already is. He does not want you near me." He says getting a new paper towel for his nose, the bleeding is slowing down.

"Look at me." I say gently putting my hands on his face. He looks into my eyes, and all his worries seem to go away. "I don't care what Raegan wants. I'll take you home and I'll help you. This is partially my fault, and I'm not letting Raegan get away with this. I'm not talking to him." I say.

"Please, i'm okay. I can deal with this." He says quietly. I sigh and shake my head.

"No, lets go." I say standing up. I take his hand and help him up. He takes the paper towel off his face and looks at it. His nose is done bleeding.

"Raegan is not my dad, he's my boyfriend. I am not letting him lay another finger on you or I will end things because I don't need this much of a protective boyfriend." I say. I know what i'm doing, i'm not dealing with him right now. Ryan is my friend, yes he lied, but everyone makes mistakes.

"I just don't want to cause trouble, or to literally die because of Raegan." He says, seriously and I don't say anything.

"You won't, and i'm not doing this to piss him off. I'm doing this to help you because you're my friend, and friends help each other. You helped me and made me happy that night at the party, so it's my turn." I smile, and he seems to think for a moment before smiling back.

"You're the best Justin." He says quickly and wraps his arms around my upper body. He's a little taller then me, so I hug him back around his chest and nod.

I feel like shit, my boyfriend did this to him because of me. This is all over me. How can I not feel bad? Ryan looks like he just got out of a war zone, literally.

Ryan and I walk out of the bathroom into the silent hallway. I'm this school, luckily if you have a car and over 17, you can leave.

Him and I walk out to his car and get in. I get in the driver seat and he hands me his keys. We throw our bags in the back.

"You don't me driving your car?" I ask and look over at him.

"Of course not." He says. I start it and put it in drive, carefully driving to his house.

As we are driving, it was silent. Until he broke it..

"I never wanted to act like a douche if I did, and I would never come onto you knowing your dating someone. I just needed to tell you how I felt." He says and I nod, understanding.

"I know. I know you're not a bad person." I say and he doesn't say anything. so I just keep driving.

Once we get to his house from him guiding me, we go inside and I immediately take his hand, bringing him to the bathroom.

"Sit on the toilet seat." I say and he does, not questioning anything. I take a moment to look through the drawers and the cabinets in his bathroom, finding things to help with his face.

After I finish putting some medicine on his face and what not, he guides me over to the couch and we sit down. He turns on the tv and looks at me.

"You didn't have to." Is all he says.

"Yes I did." I say back, smiling at him.

"Well, thank you." He says and I nod. My phone dings and I look at who texted me.

Baby💞: Did you go home?

Me: I went to help Ryan..

Baby💞: You're at his house?

Me: Yes

Baby💞: Please go home, I don't want you there alone with him.

Me: No I helped him, his face is totally busted. I can't believe you Rae.

Baby💞: Omg Justin go home!

Me: No Raegan! Don't worry about me.

I stare at my phone, waiting to see what he says next, but he doesn't answer back. He read it, but he didn't answer.

"Hey you okay?" I hear Ryan ask and I look up from my phone nodding.

"Yeah, i'm good." I smile, putting down my phone. "Why don't we watch a movie?" I suggest.

"Sure yeah." He says. He turns on a movie we both agree on and start watching. We are sitting on the couch, our sides touching but nothing else. Why doesn't Raegan want me near him? He's fine, he won't do anything.

Does Raegan know something I don't?

Hehehe i'm bored in class so i finished this chapter 😁 I hope you enjoyed and please vote if you did! comments are acceptable too :) 🤣