Chapter Seven | The Kiss

I went downstairs and heard my phone ringing which means I got an message. Actually I wanted to go back in my room to read it but the door bell rang which my mom opened and Amrish came in. He smiled at me. “Good Evening, Anjali. You look gorgeous.” I blushed a bit and looked down on the floor. “Thank you, Amrish..”

-

We got into his car and I looked at him. “Where are we going?”

“You’re going to meet my family today. I told them a lot about you and they are really, really exited to see you today. I think , no, I’m pretty sure they will accept you.”

His family? Seriously? Goddammit no, please don’t do that to me.

“Is everything okay?” He asked me while he was waving around with his hand in front of my face.

He woke me up from my daydreams. “Hm? Oh yeah I’m fine, don’t worry. I really hope they accept me.” I lied to him. Of course I don’t wanted that.

-

After some minutes we arrived at his house and it was freaking big. It looked like an XXL Hotel. They had money – we didn’t. It was really weird to look at it.

He opened the door and he led me into kitchen. There were a few people who looked at me with a welcome smile.

“Anjali, this is my family. My father Arjun, my stepmother Lalita and – wait” he stopped. “Where is he?” Amrish aked his parents.

“He’ll be soon here, Am. He was in the shower some minutes ago.” Lalita answered him still with her cute smile.

They are all very nice and so likable. How am I supposed to hurt when I say I don’t wanna marry Amrish?

“Sit down, sweety. Dinner is ready.” Arjun said and pointed to a chair. I nodded. “Thank you, Mr. Shah.

-

The next few minutes were hell. They asked me questions like “Would you like to have a lot of children?”

Are they serious. I looked at Amrish and saw how embarrassed he was about these questions.

I heard food steps and looked up. Totally shocked I wasn’t able to move or even say a word. Lalita stood up and smiled. “Anjali, this is Amrish stepbrother Zayn.”

Zayn was the stepbrother of Amrish? Really? Am I in the wrong movie? Fuck.

Zayn was just as shocked as I was. “Anjali?” “Zayn..”

“Do you know each other?” Amrish asked with a shy smile on his face. I stuttered and looked to Zayn. “Uhm.. yeah. We are in the same class.” I only answered.

“Perfect!” Arjun suddenly yelled. “Perfect?” Zayn asked confused. His dad nodded and smiled at him and me. “Tomorrow after school Zayn can pick you up and you can drive to us.”

“Why?” I asked with a shy voice. “Well, tomorrow we are looking for a Sari for your wedding, darling.” Lalita looked at me with a proud smile. “Oh.” Was the only think I could say and tried to fak a smile. To be honest I was in the mood to vomit right now.

“Is that okay for you?” His dad asked me probably because he saw my worried face. I took a deep breath and nodded. “Yeah, of course. I’m sure it will be fun.”

-

The next morning

I stood up and looked at my cell phone. I totally forgot the message yesterday.

3 new messages.

Yesterday: “Zayn, love.”

01:14 a.m.: “Pretty weird today, wasn’t it? Thank you..”

Thank you.. for what?

05:45 a.m.: “Going to pick you up today after school. Stay there.”

After I washed and dressed me I went downstairs into the kitchen and took an apple. My mom stood there and smiled at me. “Good morning, sweety.” “Morning mom.” “Anjali, Lalita and Arjund called me yesterday. They really love you. Oh and Zayn will pick you up today as you know.”

“Yes, thanks mom..” I smiled a bit and took a bite of the apple. “I have to go now. Bye.” I kissed her on the cheek and went to the school. Leela stood there and waited for me.

“Hey Anjali.” She smiled at me. “Hey.”

-

After school I talked with Leela. “Okay, I have to go then.” I nodded and we hugged us. “Bye.” I said before she got onto the bus.

I waited and waited and waited. But Zayn wasn’t there. After twenty minutes a car parked in front of me. The door opened and Zayn came out. He smiled at me. “Hey, sorry for letting you wait.” I nodded. “It’s okay.”

I went into his car and he started driving. I just looked out of the window.

“So.. do you love Amrish?” He suddenly asked. I wasn’t ready for that question. He looked at me quickly. “Please, be honest.” What am I supposed to answer now? Why is he asking me that question now? “No.”

“But you said you are in love with someone, right?” “Yes, I think so..” “Who is it?” He asked.

“You.” I said before I could think about what I said there. He parked in a yard. “Are we already here?” I asked confused. “No.” I looked at him and didn’t say a word.

“You are in love with me?” I just nodded. “Wow..” Was the only answer to it. “Please don’t tell it your family. Okay?” He looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes I fell in love with. My heart beat so fast. His face came closer to me and he put one of his hands on my cheek. WithoutthatI realizeditI closed my eyes. I could feel his warm breath and it felt so good. After endless seconds I could feel his soft lips on mine. My heart jumped. This moment shouldn’t end, but everything has to come to an end also our kiss. It was my first kiss, finally.

“Please don’t marry Amrish.” “I can’t change it anymore. We are already engaged.” “Marry me.” He said.

A/N

Hey everyone! :) Actually I don't have to say anything to this Chapter right now so yeah.. :D

BUT: I have an important question to you. After this Fanfiction I would like to write another one but with Niall Horan. Just wanna know if that's okay. :)

xo marina