Chapter 1

Erlyn’s POV

 Today was the day. We’ve all been waiting for Magcon to come to Florida and it was the perfect timing too because it was summer and we could stay there for as long as we wanted. It was even better for me, because I get to spend my first weeks of summer with my best friend, Cameron Dallas and all the other boys of Magcon. As I was packing for a possible weeklong trip, I hear my phone ring. I frantically look for it under all the clothes laid out on my bed. When I finally find it I read a text message from Cam, hey, I’m at the airport now! Flight is in an hour! What are you up to? Cameron lives in California and I live in Toronto but we talk every day and have created such a great friendship that I can call him my best friend. I reply to his text immediately, hey! I’m still packing. We should be leaving soon. I just have to wait for Shawn! Shawn Mendes is like a little brother I never had, he’s dating my little sister so I see him all the time. He finally decided to ask my little sister to come join him at Magcon and she was super excited. I could already tell this was going to be an event that I will never forget. As I’m finishing up my packing, I hear a doorbell, which I’m assuming, is Shawn. I yell at my sister, “Elyssa, get the door, it’s probably Shawn.” I hear her footsteps running towards the door. As I bring my suitcase and everything else downstairs I catch them making out by the door, “ok can you two please stop! We have to go soon, make sure you have everything packed and ready!” It took a minute for them to actually part from each other but they eventually listened. As annoying they were, always making out and what not, they were really cute to look at. Their love for each other was very evident to anyone who sees them. A few minutes passed, double-checking our bags to make sure we didn’t forget anything, we started to load up the car. It only took an hour to get to the airport and once we got there, we registered our luggage as quickly as we could. I grab my phone from my pocket and quickly text Cam, hey! We’re at the airport now our flight is in about a half hour. I’ll text you when we get there. Cam is that kind of best friend that always worries about me so I make sure I let him know what’s up every time I can. There was only 20 minutes left until we were to board the plane so to kill time I take out my Macbook and go on tumblr. As I was looking through my dashboard, a notification of a FaceTime call came up. It was Cam. I answer it and we talk until, “All passengers boarding flight 168 to Orlando, Florida please proceed to gate number 5” was heard aloud on the intercom. “Ok Cam, I have to go. I’ll see you in a few hours” and then ended the call. This flight was going to be a long one and unfortunately I was stuck with the two love birds that can’t take their hands off each other. I love them both but they need to chill. Throughout majority of the flight I watched movies on my Macbook and listened to music. After several hours, the pilot finally goes on the speakers, “Hello all passengers, this is your Captain speaking, we will be arriving to our destination shortly. At this time, I would like to ask you all to remain seated and to fasten your seatbelts. Thank you and welcome to Orlando, Florida.” I look out the window and I am in sudden awe. I’ve never been to Florida so it was such a great thing to see, it was very different from Toronto. I could see the beaches and all the palm trees from up in the sky and it was so beautiful. I couldn’t wait to get off this plane and just get to the hotel and swim. Immediately after boarding off the plane I grab my phone and turn it on. “We’re here now! Where are you?” I shoot Cam a text. I get a reply instantly, “we’re by the baggage claim!” I inform Shawn and Elyssa and we all walk there together. As we walk towards baggage claim, I see this tall guy in sweats, a baseball tee and a snapback who had his back turned towards us and I knew right away who it was. “CAM” I yell out his name and he quickly turns around and runs towards me. Since Cam and I live so far away from each other, we don’t see each other very often so when we get a chance to be together, we get pretty excited.