Chapter 5

Erlyn’s POV

The rest of Magcon went very well and I was pretty proud of myself for getting through that performance. Elyssa and I head to our hotel room to get ready for bed. “So, what’ up with you and Jack, huh?” Elyssa says as she walks over to her bag to grab her charger.

“Nothing!” I shoot back.

“I’m not blind, Erlyn I can tell you guys totally like each other.”

I look at her, shaking my head “Nah, I mean I’m totally into him but I don’t want to jump to conclusions and automatically think he’s into me too.”

“BUT IT IS SO OBVIOUS! The way he grabbed your hand and stared straight into your eyes during your guys’ performance. Oh and I saw that hug he gave you earlier too, when he spinned you around. The smile on his face made it seem like he’s totally into you.”

“I guess” I reply back with a shy giggle.

“But what about Cam?” Elyssa asks.

“What about him?” I shoot back.

“You are so oblivious to these kinds of things. Cam has liked you forever.”

“No he hasn’t! We’re best friends! He doesn’t like me like that, trust me.” I say as I look at my phone.

“Whatever you say” Elyssa replies back.

Just as we finished that conversation, we hear a faint knock on the door. I walk over to the door to see a dressed up Jack.

I laugh, “Can I help you?”

“Yes you can actually. Would you do me the honor of going out to dinner with me tonight?” He hands me a single flower he picked from the garden outside.

I smiled and said, “I would love to. Just let me get dressed. Do you want to come in while you wait?” He nods and walks into the room.

“Damn Gilinsky, you clean up nice.” Elyssa says walking out of the bathroom.

I giggle and grab something nice to wear and change in the washroom. I chose a cute summer dress with flip flops. I mean it’s Florida, it’s the perfect date night outfit. I attempt to fix the mess I call my hair but eventually give up.

“Let’s go!” I say as I walk out of the bathroom.

“Wow” was all that came out of Jack’s mouth.

“Shut up!” I say as I hit him in the arm and laugh.

“You’re gorgeous!” he says. I couldn’t help but smile.

I grab his hand and yell back to Elyssa, “I’ll be back. Don’t wait up.” When the door closes behind us I hear Jack laugh.