clockwork

late one night, we were both home sleeping peacefully. or i was trying. the sound or rustling and the clock kept me up. the occasional tap on the window, the creak of floor boards. it all sent shivers up my spine.

a cold breeze in an empty room. the wind rumbling and banning on the windows. it all was eerie, far to eerie to reality i thought.

 turning to mic i sat up, trying to figure out what was happening. as i moved up from the bed i crept to the door. with a creek of the floor boards mic turned. a low hum almost like a choir of whispers as he spoke, 'run'.

 his voice was calm but almost robotic. as if he had never spoke but sure of what he was saying. anxious i look around, nothing. looking back to mic, nothing. another sound from downstairs, something.

other than the slow steady breath of mic, the clock was my only other reminder that time carried on. but it had stopped, so had hizashi. absolutely panicked and shaking i run to hizashi, worried i place my hand on his neck checking for a pulse.

 growing more worried i eventually feel a slight pulse.at the same time however, the clock, his breathing and something new started back up. almost as if time stopped but only for a moment. 'wait..' i murmur making my way to the stairs. 

'something different...' i continue as i make my stay at the edge of the staircase. the soft hum choir like, was accompanied by another soft melody. pausing i take a second then it hits me, the sounds all stop again. not caring i run to the basement and grab my viola. the moment i touch it a growl of hums rings through my head. heaver and dense the singers voices.

i cover my ears as the sound grows louder. buzzing through my head i remember hizashi's words, 'run'. letting go of my ears i run to the living room. pulling out my viola i play. a quick note the sound of the taps, halts the ominous hums of growls. a second stroke across all the strings in unison to the wind brings, all sounds to an end. finally in control of the horrible night i play, ' Helland - Ominous Wind'

as the wind was stagnate, still lingered bringing the smell of a quiet nights air. the sounds of taping and pounding on the windows halted. no more creaking and the clock a soft metronome to my music. the hums drowned out by the same soft song it was humming. playing into the night with a smirk whispering into the melody, ' what a wonderful night...'