VI

Not my characters. There's a scene here that I took out from MoA— which I obviously don't own.

If this chapter receives 6 likes, I will update THREE DAYS EARLIER than my usual weekly updates :)

Dedicated to nervemaker Thank you so much for your comments and likes!!

LIKE AND COMMENT. I dedicate my chapters to someone who comments 💗 And I'm all for constructive criticism!!

Home is the most powerful word in the English language. It represents a place where you belong to, feel safe in, where you can hang your heart to all. In every home resides a family dedicated to providing support and happiness for one another.

A home is where a story began, the origin. It starts a book filled with many adventures and memories.

It can also be the end to a chapter-filled book.

Camp Half-Blood was my home, no— it was Percy Jackson's home. Percy Jackson started his journey at Camp Half-Blood, he was beloved there, he belonged there, he laid his heart out for all. He was part of the Camp Half-Blood family and Percy Jackson took care of his family, saved them. It was also the same place where Percy Jackson's story ended, and mine, Chorís Nóima, began.

Out of the purple mist of the portal, we arrived at Half-Blood Hill. Thalia's tree was proudly standing, multiple feet taller since I whispered my goodbyes eons ago. Dimly, I could see much see the whole Camp. I noticed that the sun was setting and the dusk reminded me of the early morning hours where I met Lady Chaos for the first time. When I left with her, I expected to never come back. Yet here I was.

My eyes swept over the canoe lake, archery grounds, and the strawberry fields. The camp remained the same, like the photograph I kept in my mind. However, upon further examination, I noticed the addition of multiple cabins and in the distance, I spotted a recreation of the city of Athens. In a instant, a memory started to rapidly flood back to me.

'Annabeth must've built this.'

My mind escaped to the Argo II, the night where I woken up from my nightmares to Annabeth. She brought me to the stables, where in the low light, I told her about the future I dreamed of.

~ "Annabeth," I said hesitantly, "in New Rome, demigods can live their whole life in peace."

Her expression turned guarded. "Reyna explained it to me. But Percy, you belong at Camp Half-Blood. That other life-"

"I know," I said. "But while I was there. I saw so many demigods living without fear: kids going to college, couples getting married and raising families. There's nothing like that at Camp Half-Blood. I kept thinking about you and me and maybe someday when this war with the giants is over..."

It was hard to tell in the golden light, but I thought Annabeth was blushing. "Oh," she said.

'Crap.' I thought.

I was afraid that I said too much, maybe I scared her off with my big dream of the future. Annabeth is usually the one with plans. I cursed myself silently.

As long as I had known Annabeth, I still felt like I understood so little about her. Even after we've been dating several months, our relationship had always felt new and delicate, like a glass sculpture. I was terrified of doing something wrong and breaking it.