Chapter 22

Days continued, Ema's life was getting busier each day. She would go to school and only attended the morning lessons, in the afternoon she would go to Ashenbert Art Company and worked with Edgar. Most of the time she would work in the restoration department as she loved spending time at there, learning knowledge of art and skills rather than sitting in the office all day. Except some very important business meeting, Edgar would allow her to stay in the company and worked on her own.

Although Ema was always exhausted from works and school life, she spent lesser time with her friends, she enjoyed the life she was having now. She felt her life was meaningful and fruitful. Something she didn't feel a long time already, and she really appreciated for that.

She went to school on morning, attended dancing lesson with Ruby and Jazzy, had a drink with Lydia before she headed to the company, worked on the papers and scheduled Edgar's timetable for him, stayed a couple of hours in the restoration department and learned something new, worked again before she went home. Dined in Hotel Adriano or cooked by herself and ate with her friends in home...life seemed peaceful and back to the days in Japan.

This day as usual, she finished her lessons in school and worked in the office. When she was speaking to the manager of the purchasing department on the phone, Raven came to her and asked her to meet Edgar in his office. She cut off the call and went to meet him, thought he had something about business wanted to discuss with her. But when she saw him standing next to the window and in his hands, there's a ring, more specifically, a proposal ring, she dropped her jaw and spoke before her mind caught up with her mouth.

"You are going to propose to Lydia?!" Obviously Edgar was too concentrated in his mind and didn't notice Ema's present, so he snapped his head to Ema with his ring putting back in his pocket. He rushed to her and covered her mouth, face showing nervousness.

"Keep it down! No one knows it yet!" He hissed. Ema nodded and slowly he removed his hand from her lip. She titled her head, leaning on the door side, smiling mischievously to him.

"Chicken out already? I though the famous Ashenbert is fearless and always confident on what he wants to do?" Edgar listened to her words and released a bitter smile, sat on his seat, sighing.

"Not on things related to Lydia, at least." He muttered. He took out the ring again and stared at it, rubbing the diamond on it nervously.

"Lydia...she is a very special girl. Every time I look at her, I feel like she can look through me. My soul, all my secrets, all my weaknesses...There is no way for me to escape from her.

" Edgar smiled gently to the memories he shared with Lydia. Ema didn't interrupt him and listened quietly.

"She is the first person who accepts every part of me, the Earl of Blue knight, the CEO of this company, Edgar J.C Ashenbert...or just Edgar...."

"Sometimes, I feel like she would fly away from me to her world. A world that is too far beyond my reach. Just think about her runs away from me or in other man's arms make my heart ache. I can't imagine life without her." Edgar smiled sadly to the thought of losing Lydia from his life forever. That's why he always called her as his fiancé, the title gave him a sense of security. He knew this was crafty, but he didn't know what to do to keep Lydia by his side.

"Emilia, do you think Lydia will say yes to me?" After confessing his feeling, he looked at Ema hesitantly, his eyes filled with anxiety and fear. Ema had never seen these emotions in his eyes before, he looked so fragile and scared. She never knew Lydia meant so much to him, or Lydia had such effect on him.

Although Edgar might look like a flirt and in fact he was, he always tricked Lydia and made some jokes on her. Ema knew, he was the best one for Lydia, even she didn't want to admit the fact. They both meant so much to her, so she would help them.