8

Saturday
TJ's POV-
Today didn't seem like a good day for Buffy's party. There was no sun and gray clouds filled the sky. It wasn't that cold though so hopefully there's no snow.
I knocked on the door to be greeted by Andi herself "Hey Tj!" "Hi Andi" I smile, she welcomes me in and different smells hit me all at once. "Cece and Bowie are cooking" she points out. I nod in response. "Cyrus is out back" she points to the back door. I thank her as I go outside to greet him.
He was pacing back and forth- obviously stressed. The sound of the door shutting behind me causes him to quickly look at me. "What's wrong?"I ask him. "It's all ruined the party's ruined!" He exclaims. He starts mumbling something I couldn't make out so I just stepped in front of him in attempt to stop his pacing. "What happened?"
"It's gonna snow later, ugh I'm so stupid! How did I not check the weather beforehand!" He continues to rant. I tried to stop him to get him to listen to me but he just ignored me. Impulsively without realizing what I was doing, I cupped his face. Causing him to freeze and look at me. "..calm down, its not your fault" I tell him softly. We stayed like that for a moment before I quickly let go of him.
He stayed quiet for a moment before responding. "But what are we gonna about the party?" He asks- ignoring what just happened completely. "Ask Celia if we can change it to inside, I'm sure she'll let us" he nods in response before thanking me and heading inside. I looked around and realized they had already started setting up outside. There was tables and chairs. I started to fold up the chairs by myself before Cyrus, Andi and Jonah came outside. "Indoor party it is" Cyrus smiles at me.
Jonah and I brought the tables inside, each of us holding one end of the table. Andi helped Cyrus bring in chairs and we set everything back up.
It was a little more cramped but it wasn't overcrowded.
"Is Marty coming?" Cyrus asks Andi. "I think so, he said he would but he hasn't texted me" she shrugs. I still don't know who Marty is.
"Oh I almost forgot, I have to go pick up the cake" Cyrus walks over to door to put on his jacket. "I'll be back"
"Want some company?" Jonah pipes in. "Sure" Cyrus smiles. Dammit I should have offered first. I should've gone with Cyrus.
I continued to decorate the house, hanging up a banner, streamers and whatnot. Half an hour had gone by and there was a knock at the door. I opened up the door to see Amber, freezing in the cold. Snow started to fall. Good thing it's an indoor party now.
I pull her inside. "Is Buffy here yet?" "No but she should be soon, we're just waiting for Cyrus to come back with the cake" I explain "You should've offered to go with him" she tells me as if I didn't know. "Jonah went with him..anyways help me clean up!" I quickly end that conversation before anyone overhears.

About another half hour had passed when Cyrus and Jonah finally return. "Sorry we're late, we got.. distracted" Cyrus tries to say before both he and Jonah erupt into laughter. I murmur a "whatever" as I continue to fix up the last few things. Andi walks down the stairs, she was wearing a dress now and had done her hair. "Guys Buffy will be here in 10 minutes"
When it was time for everyone to hide I hid behind the couch with Amber as I watched Cyrus and Jonah hide behind a wall that wasn't visible when you first walk in, Amber noticed how annoyed I was. "Sorry" she mouths as she puts her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off.
We waited for maybe 2 minutes in position but immediately went silent when we heard the doorknob jiggle.
"Uhh, Andi" We hear Buffy say when she walks in before we all jumped up yelling surprise.

A couple hours had passed, everyone was having fun. I finally met that Marty guy, he looks really familiar- I wonder where I've seen him before. He came a little late but Buffy's face lit up when she saw him.
He was so sweet to her, he brought her flowers and he was nicely dressed. I wonder if they're dating.
I was distant from Cyrus for the remainder of the night. I was alone in another room watching snow fall from the sky when I heard footsteps.

Cyrus's POV:
"Tj?" I say as I enter the room he was hiding in. He turns around to face me. "Are you okay?" He nods in response but the expression on his face told me otherwise. "What's wrong" I ask again. He shrugs. "Tj" I repeat.
"I'm just not having a good day" he tells me. "You seem to have a lot of those recently." I sit on the couch next to him. "It's just something personal." He says. "Don't worry about me, I'm okay" he smiles. But I could see through his whole lie. "Are you sure you don't wanna tell me?" I insist. He thought about it for a moment before nodding again. I didn't leave though, I stayed next to him and we sat there in a comfortable silence.

I look up to him after a while just to see him staring right at me, it's like I fell in love with him all at once. But I didn't, I know I didn't. I'm only in middle school and he's just my crush. I'm just closer to him than I ever was with Jonah. Plus I don't even know what love is yet. Unless it was family or friends. That's a different type of love.

It was like everything else around us became nonexistent, it was just the two of us in that room, staring into each others eyes. And I swear he started leaning in before a loud voice interrupted us.
"Hey guys time to sing happy birthday!" Jonah booms. Both Tj and I quickly stood up, both of us startled. Jonah stood there in the doorway, looking clueless. "What?"