- 4 💔

My ears perk up at the sound of Harry's voice booming from the other side of the door as the glass door of the shower slides shut, a billow of steam following behind me. Unbothered by his outburst I grab a clean towel from the bathroom rack, wrapping it around my drenched hair.

"No! That wasn't his call to make,"

His tone is cold and saturated with annoyance, a tone I know all too well. If I hadn't learned anything about Harry in all the years we'd been together I knew for sure that he had quite the temper. He was usually calm and collected but when pissed off was almost a totally different person. I often tried to avoid him when he was in a mood, not wanting to get stuck in the crossfire of his rage. No one wanted to be his target.

As I pad over to the sink I catch sight of my reflection in the foggy, full-bodied mirror attached to the bathroom door, water droplets cling to my skin giving it a unique shine. Pregnancy had made me more aware of my body than ever before. I frequently found myself standing in front of the mirror and inspecting my body for any changes. I knew the process was gradual but I was too afraid I'd blink and miss it all.

At 13 weeks my body still looked relatively the same from a distance. My breast were swollen and tender, making them appear larger in size but my hips and waist had yet to expand to accommodate the little bean growing inside me. My stomach was still flat and boring to the naked eye but as I dragged my fingertips along the skin I could make out the hardened bump just right above my hips, the baby's way of making me hyper-aware of its presence.

"Hello there," I whisper quietly, gently pressing my fingers against the swollen skin.

It was still so crazy to think that in about 6 months time this tiny bump would be a living breathing human being I'd call my own. How could something so small and so sublime belong to me?

I brush my teeth in a hurried daze, deciding against blow drying my hair before finally heading out to the bedroom. Harry is perched at the edge of the bed, still shouting into his cell phone as I pad over to the dresser to retrieve some bedclothes. His gaze quickly shifts to my naked figure but is quickly short lived.

"He's a fucking intern! I will not let him ruin everything I've worked for!"

I settle on a frilly baby doll top with a matching pair of shorts and toss the wet towel around my head into the hamper, feeling his eyes on me once more.

"Look, we'll talk more about this tomorrow," he seethes. "someone will pay for this."

He ends the phone call without so much as a good-bye before tossing his mobile on the bed with a frustrated sigh. Avoiding his gaze I climb onto my side of the bed. Despite how distant we were we still shared a bed. Neither of us had expressed any discomfort in sleeping next to each other. The bed was large enough for both of us to have our own personal space when we needed it and with Harry being gone frequently, it really didn't make a difference. In fact, I don't think I'd be pregnant right now if we couldn't stand each other that much.

"Everything okay?" I ask quietly, weaving my fingers in my damp hair to make a braid.
Harry sighs running a hand through his unruly hair.

" Just some incompetent twat at the firm. Nothing I can't handle," He collapses onto his back with another long sigh. "you look beautiful. And you smell great, too."

He turns on his side to face me a sheepish dimpled grin settling on his lips. All through the complement sends a jolt of electricity coursing through my veins, I can't help but feel somewhat uncomfortable. We were so awkward when we weren't arguing or shoving our tongues down each other's throats.

"Thanks" I reply softly.

"Doin' okay?" he asks.

I suppose the small talk is to make up for him missing dinner.
I nod slowly, my mind goes back to my new found bump and I quickly remember the memo in the back of my head.