Two

[{I don't know how orphanages work so bear with me}]

^*Penny's Point of View*^

A new member of the Yogscast? I wonder who it is..

"We will be announcing who they are shortly. Be on the look out!" Lewis called and the video ended. I checked the description. It was posted just yesterday..

I went on Minecraft and messed around on The Hive when suddenly a loud bell rang throughout the building. Time for the adoption....

I went down the stairs to the bottom floor. I tucked some loose hair behind my ear and took a deep breath. Why am I so nervous... I've done this plenty of times before...

I find a seat far from the entrance and sit down nervously. I'm shaking, my mind is racing, and my breathing quickens. For some reason, I can't calm myself. I sit there, looking at the ground, completely oblivious for what's to come.

-----

Mrs. Chrizti walks in. "A man is here to adopt. Please be on your best behavior everyone," She says leaving the room.

I sigh and place my hands on my lap. I slowly collect myself and my breathing returns to normal. My question still lays unanswered-Why am I so nervous?

I hear footsteps as someone enters the room. My gaze won't leave the floor even though I tell myself to look.

"Hello! What's your name?" I hear a few seats away from me. The voice is strikingly similar-as if I had heard it all my life. I hear quieter murmurs slowly approaching me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

A dark shadow suddenly clouds over me. "Hello there!" They say. I look up-and the male looks kindof familiar.. I shake the thought off. "H-hello," I reply, uneasy. "I'm Paul. Who might you be?" 'Paul' asks. "I-I'm Penny," I stutter. "Well, Penny, who are you?" I blink at the question. "What?" I ask. "Who are you? What do you like? What do you do?" He clarifies. "Oh-I-um.. well my favorite c-color is teal..a-and I like to..." I drift off. I've never had someone like this in an adoption. "She also *cough* likes being a nerd and playing stupid computer games *cough*," Amy snorts next to me. I shoot her a glare and bring my attention back to.. er, Paul. "Alright," He says and moves on to Amy.

How great. Amy drove him off. And I thought I might've had a chance. I sigh and stare down at my arms. My starfish bracelet still lays there, untouched. I only take it off when I go swimming or take a shower. I don't know where it came from, all I know is that it was on me when I came to this orphanage in the first place.

My mind wanders off and before I know it, the adoption show is over. I stand up and stretch before someone grabs my hand. I turn around and sillystring is sprayed all over me. My glasses are clouded, so I can't see a thing, but I do hear Amy's familiar snicker before quick footsteps. Godddamnit, she ruined everything.

I brush the stringy material away from my glasses and head upstairs. Her little pranks don't really make me mad anymore, I've gotten used to it honestly.

I find myself wondering who the lucky person is that gets out of this place. They usually announce it the next day, to EVERYONE, at breakfast. I find my way into my room and sit in the bathroom.

I climb in the shower in an attempt to get the string out. Eventually, it removes itself and I sigh with relief. I dress up and climb in bed. I was so tired...

-----

A loud, piercing tone rings through my ear. I get up and walk clumsily to my dresser and shut the alarm off. I yawn as I place my glasses over my head. I walk into the bathroom and practically scream at the sight-my hair has turned a deep pink! "Amy!" I yell, smashing my hand onto the counter. This sucks.

I frantically climb in the shower, and guess what? THE PINK ISN'T COMING OUT. I groan as I add more soap. "Come on..." I silently chant to myself. Finally, I see slightly pink water drifting down the walls. I climb out, dry up, and get dressed.

My hair has a tint of pink still, but at least it's not as bad as before.

I hear a knock at the door. Mrs. Chrizti. "Are you ready for-Oh, my, what happened to your hair!?" She asks. "Amy," I snort. She facepalms."Her again? My, she'll never learn!" Mrs. Chrizti laughs. "It's okay, kiddo. I'll take care of her..again," She smiles as she leaves. "Thanks!" I call out to her.

She isn't your stereotypical head. She's actually really nice, surprisingly.

I walk downstairs, ready for breakfast. I enter the kitchen and met by mischievous snickers. "Nice hair, weirdo," Amy snorts and suppresses a laugh. I just bring a smile onto my face. "Thanks!" I reply cheerfully. Her face contorted to a look of confusion before she grunted and her gaze returned to her meal. Speaking of meals-where's mine?

"Excuse me? Miss Fanine?" I ask, knocking on her office door. "Come in!" She shouts through the door. "Er, I like the new look?" Miss Fanine greets. "Amy." I say flatly before sitting down. "So, what's wrong?" She says, repositioning her glasses onto her nose. "One; Amy is being a rat. Two; I have no food." I sigh. "What? I left a plate with your name on it, as always." She questions.

I shrug. "It's fine, I'll just steal someone else's." Miss Fanine chuckles a little and leads me out. "Okay,"

"Happy robbing!"

-----

I had stolen some eggs and bacon off Amy's plate when she had gone to the bathroom. I also left a nice, milky surprise on her seat for when she comes in.

I sit down with my plate of fresh eggs and bacon and Karri comes and sits next to me. I smile as she passes me a pack of crackers. "So, Amy is being an ass as usual, huh?" I nod, because my mouth is chock-full of scrambled goodness. "I left a surprise on her seat," I say, referring to the rotten milk I poured onto Amy's wooden chair. She ducks under the table and we burst out laughing. A couple heads turn our way, but we ignore it. "It's a gem." She remarks before continuing her meal.

Small laughs chorus throughout the room as Amy enters. She pulls out her chair with a look of confusion plastered against her face. She slowly sits down, as if she was expecting our little prank. The sudden look on her face tells us that she was definitely not expecting that. She screams loudly and rockets into the air. She stumbles backward and her head hits a counter. Laughs and snorts fill the air and Mrs. Chrizti walks in.

The laughs silence quickly, and everyone braces for whatever consequence is to come. I look around nervously to see all eyes are on me.

Suddenly, a soft smirk crosses Mrs. Chrizti's face. "Oh dear," she shrugs. "That's going to leave a mark."

-----

wz cozekial poop

kindof a filler but whatevss