Keith

I walked out of my bedroom to go to breakfast when I bumped into somebody, my head hitting theirs. I held my head as I looked up to see Lance rubbing his.

"Hey Lance," I said, I'm really confused. Why is he coming to my room?

"Oh, uh, hey Keith?" He said, the inflection in his voice going up at the end.

"Is that a question?" I asked. He blushed.

"No, I uh- wow this is awkward. I was just coming to see if you were coming to breakfast," he said.

"Lance I always come to breakfast," I said. He scratched his head. Cute.

"Well yeah I know. But you didn't eat dinner yesterday, so I also came to see if you were alive," he said. I rolled my eyes and began to walk to the dining room.

"I can live without one meal," I said, glancing over at him. But he wasn't there. I stopped seeing him still standing in my doorway. "Uh, you coming?" He nodded quickly and jogged to catch up.

We walked in silence most of the way. I could tell he had questions.

"What Lance?" I asked, it came out harsher than intended. As my words normally do. I've tried to work on it, I just don't think about my tone of voice.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered. Lie. Why do I keep lying?

"Oh, good," he said, relieved.

"You sound relieved. Were you worried about me?" I asked, teasing him.

"What! No!" He exclaimed. "I was just worried cause I want to prove I'm better than you when you're feeling like yourself. It would almost make me feel bad to beat you when you're down. I just like that my competition is back." I rolled my eyes with no real heat behind it.

"Yeah okay sure. Whatever you say," I replied. We walked into the dining room and took our normal seats. Lance sat across from me, Shiro on my left.

I tried not to stare at Lance. I really did. But he's just so- ugh, what's the right word? Cute? Handsome? Sure, Lance is handsome.

"Keith, are you going to eat?" Shiro whispered, breaking my gaze. I nodded and started to scoop food onto my plate. Digging in.

We all ate in silence for awhile before Allura decided to speak up.

"Since there is nothing on the agenda for today, Pidge, Keith and I decided to have a spa day. You can join, but we're going to do face masks, our nails and-"

"Allura you're getting too excited," Pidge said. Allura blushed, calming down.

"No one said anything about doing my nails," I muttered.

"Yeah well, you're getting your nails painted Keith. Okay?" Pidge said. I rolled my eyes. I looked around the table, catching Lance's eyes.

Wait...was he staring? I smirked to myself.

He was definitely staring.