The Reason is You

A smile was playing on Luke's lips as he got out of the elevator. Today was a big day. The last weekend of October had now come, as known as, Calum and Michael's wedding date. Luke had learned that they were several reasons for the choice of this particular day. First because it was close to Halloween and it was one of their favourite times of the year. Then, in Europe it was also the date at which they switch from daylight-saving time back to standard time. That means it was a 25-hours day, so it gave them more time to party! Luke had also discovered that Calum and Michael were nicknamed Malum for short, which coincidentally was the Latin for "evil" ... That brings back the Halloween theme and the circle is complete.

All in all, Luke just thought that it suited them. Even he didn't know Calum and Michael for long, he could tell they had their own style and that this wedding was going to be a hundred-percent like them. Which was the point, and which he was very excited about. Some part of him was still he little anxious at this idea of celebrating with Ashton again. But he knew that the same mistake wouldn't happen this time. They had sorted a lot of things since the last party. So he was pretty confident that they would have a great time, and he'll see to that.

So it was a happy Luke who greeted the concierge when he crossed the lobby.

"Good morning, Sanjay!"

"Luke! You look particularly elegant today."

The young man indeed made a special effort today. Just two days before he went with Ashton to his favourite tailor, which was the same one Calum had lead him to before the Gala. He was an understatement to say that he was unhappy about working in such a short notice. But Ashton was a good client and one that could pay for the service, so he accepted. Thankfully, Luke was not "too badly proportionated" to quote the tailor. There was no hem to adjust, it all came out right on the first trying, except for the jacket which had to be more tucked at the waist. The final tuxedo was freshly delivered in the morning.

Luke smoothed the non-existent wrinkle on his crimson red jacket. "It's Calum and Michael's weeding today."

"Oh I know; I saw Ashton leaving this morning. He wore nice tuxedo too."

"I haven't seen his outfit yet, actually."

Sanjay chuckled. "He looked very handsome as well" He said with a wink. Luke felt the blood run to his face, but laughed too. He was pleasantly surprised to see that the Indian man was actually very friendly and funny once he dropped his façade.

"Bet he does..." he muttered.

"I'm glad to see that you look really happy, especially in the last couple of days." Luke send him a frown but the concierge when on before he could interrupt. "I know a lot of your previous smiles were fake. I mean, I've given a lot of these myself. But lately you don't only smile with your mouth, it's in your eyes too. It's a good thing."

"Thank you." But he realised there's wasn't anything to thanks for, but on the moment it had seemed appropriate. "I think things are falling into place now."

"Okay..." Sanjay nodded, he looked like he understood the importance of the words and their unspoken meaning. "... But that car is really waiting for you." he added nudging toward the exit door.

"Alright." Luke cracked a huge smile. "Have a nice weekend!"

"Enjoy the weeding, Luke."

         Ashton, Michael, Calum, Mali, and the rest of the grooms' families had come early to get ready together and have a first photoshoot before the ceremony. Calum and Michael had still not yet seen each other in their wedding tuxedo, and wanted to left the surprise for the last moment, when they would be getting down the stairs Ashridge House's tower. The historical house was more than 700 years old but had kept all its charm. It was a lovely place, with magnificent Italian gardens, and spectacular architecture in all of its room. But the climax was the stairs, a majestic piece that parted in two ways, joining the upper balcony that circle inside of the tower. For the occasion it was decorated with white and peach roses and autumnal flowers and leaves. All the decoration followed the theme set by the grooms in the littlest details and it look absolutely perfect.