Chapter 1: The News

(Y/N = your name    (F/N) = farm name   (H/C) = hair color   (E/C) = eye color

When I was kid I lived a very normal life, with a normal mom and normal siblings same kinds of friends you would see playing in the streets with their clothes muddy and bright smiles. I would spend my days playing video games like Journey of the Prairie King. I went to school like normal kid and, while i was not fond of going to school i always understood the reason of why we were there to learn and get an education. I loved those days, but something happened and i would not realize it then but what happened changed my life for the better.

It was like any normal day i came home from school to get ready for the weekend. I walked in the kitchen to see my mom holding a letter. "(Y/N), your home, I have some bad news for you and your sisters" mom said ."what are you talking about mom" I replied, she could hear the confusion in my voice. " As you know my father or your grandfather is not doing so well and is sick in bed so he wants us to come over to discuss some things like his will". She replied, I could hear the sadness in her voice as she said that like she did not believe it herself.

At first i was hesitant to say anything, for one i didn't even know my grandpa very well, if someone asked me what is first name was i couldn't even say. I knew he was some sort of farmer but even i knew very little of that and only came to that conclusion with clues from gatherings and such when he did not attend. Another reason was the look on my mom's face like she was about to cry but not yet, but in the end i decided to say. " I hope he gets better but of course i'll go." she looked with a face of confusion. " oh okay i was going to make you and your sisters go, but i'm glad your okay with going." I gave her a "Really" face and just decided to leave and go to my room. "I wonder what grandpa is really like, oh well guess i'll have to wait to find out."

1 week later

"And for my very special grandson (Y/N) I want you to have this sealed envelope". It has been one week since I got the news we would be going to my grandfather's home to help him with his will and around the house. When we first got there the first thing i noticed was how old he was, though would not tell me i guessed he was at least 96. My sisters( who are named Marissa the oldest and Marie being the second oldest) were complaining at first on how boring it was going to be, but later in the week they were having a lot of fun with all the stuff we were doing, I was enjoying myself as well.

It came time for the will to be discussed everyone was there, every aunt, uncle, cousin and in law was there even some that I did not know if I was related to or not. The strangest part was there was no lawyer present, even though I read somewhere that there had to be it was just grandpa, that's when suddenly he started to speak. " Hello everyone I'm glad you could make it, I would like to start this by just getting over with, I would like to start the reading.

From then on he started to read off the will he wrote for what reason i do not know but it just stated about what would happen after his death. Then the inheritance started to show. Most of the family got stuff like his house and artifacts he had find, I could see their greedy eyes light up in excitement when he states their name what they get. My mother would get 25% of all his life savings between her and her other three siblings. My sisters would be given the jewelry by my grandmother who had long past and all of her clothes( they didn't really want any of that), Then after what felt like forever it was my turn to get what I recieved

And that's how it started me staring at an envelope with a neat colored stamp with purple ink and letters P.T written on the stamp. "An envelope why just an envelope" I thought. I tried to open when grandpa said "No, no don't open it yet have patience" Just before I could say anything i listened close to the words grandpa was saying.

"Now, listen close...There will come a day when you feel crushed by the burden of modern life...and your bright spirit will fade before a growing emptiness. When that happens, my boy, you will be ready for this gift" I could say nothing as felt those weird yet powerful words enter my very being like it touched my soul. I realized that in this touching situation there was only one thing I could say." Thank you Grandpa" he laughed with his sickly voice and said " Good now let Grandpa rest"

XX Years later

Just like I felt my life past me like a blur. I was currently sitting in my office at the joja corporation typing away. I've never felt so distant from my self in such a long time its was if joja had a machine doing it for them. The entire area was very grey and dull colors with the only other colors being red and green for work and rest buttons. I was fine taking the job at first, I was going to use the money for living expenses and help my mom but that came and went and i'm still stuck here in this nowhere job. I've lost the passion in the job, just sitting in a chair typing for 10 hours a day just to go home and watch tv then sleep and then wake and do the same thing day in and day out, it has broken my spirit. I was typing away at computer as I feel myself suffer through another day at this dead end job that i will never get out of. I then remember something from about xx years ago, when grandpa gave me a letter and what he said to me, something about spirit being broken I couldn't quite remember.That's when i realized i still had the letter, I open my drawer next to my computer and take out the same letter all those years ago. I open the envelope and it read

"Dear (Y/N) If you're reading this, you must be in a dire need of change. The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to a place I truly belong. I've enclosed the deed to that place... my pride and joy: (F/N) farm. Its located in Stardew Valley, on the southern coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life. This was my precious gift of all, now it's all yours. I know you will honor the family name, my boy, good luck." Love Grandpa.

All I could do was stare at the letter that basically said I own a farm,My mind was blank i had no words, but then something came out of my mouth I never thought I would say

"I mean It can't hurt to try"

End of chapter 1